Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whether the filter works only when the re-circulation is turned on (like the bimmers) or it works with it off??

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
All Lexus AC filter systems work no matter what the rec/frsh air mode is in. The filter is positioned just above the fan's intake side. Be sure to check the filter at least once a year, that's what Lexus recommends. I've seen some so plugged that when the fan is on high it feels like it's blowing on low to medium.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.....Do you have any idea how much the replacement filter is?? Can it be accessed easily??

·
Registered
6 Posts
The one for my RX300 is $29.95, so I assume it will be similar.

Originally posted by dude:
Thanks for the info.....Do you have any idea how much the replacement filter is?? Can it be accessed easily??

·
Registered
138 Posts
You must remove the glove box door. I've yet to have to yet, but I think you must pull the two pins at the base of the door hinge out. Just above the fan is a long rectangular door about 1.5" in width. Just grab it and pull it out. The filter just slides out. New filter is about $35.00 from dealer. But you can blow them out or tap them on the ground. Most of the clogged filters I have seen are from people who park under a tree daily. Leaves that sit on your windshield will eventually break down into little pieces and get sucked into the filter. Hopes this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sure does!! Thanks a lot!! Sounds like it's much easier to replace than the bimmers....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts