Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has got to be my pet peeve. Have you noticed how much dust flies around when you blow your nose with tissues? I swear 90% of the dust on my dash are from tissues (and not dead human skin cells). Sometimes I suspect tissue manufacturer's put in extra dust so that when you blow your nose, you seed the area around you with dust, and you end up sneezing again there by creating a positive feedback cycle so as to consuming more of their products.

Anyhow, to get back on point, I have noticed how doctor's offices have these tissues that seems to be less dusty. I have looked around, but there does not seem to be any low dust or dust free tissues offered to the consumers. Does anyone know of any way to get some that would fit into the glove compartment? I have tried using napkins, which does fit into the glove compartment and is much less dusty than tissues in a box, but they tend to be loosely packed and eventually ends up scattered in my glove compartment boxes.

This is the only product I've found on google, however I don't think they come in glove compartment friendly sizes.

http://www.cascades.com/site/tissue-paper/facial-tissue.html

I will have to try to hunt some of those down in anycase for home/work usage next time I go by Canadian tire.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Maybe google "Ecsaine" tissues.

Digger08

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got results back ranging from seat covers to human fatty tissues ... glad I didn't use the google image search ... ;)

1,800 Posts
i believe "puffs" makes an aloe vera type tissue and you can actually feel a coating on it. as for the dust...johnny, you could be right

·
Maverick
1,508 Posts
I find dust mainly with the cheaper, thinner tissues. The ones with lotion, and the thicker major-brand ones seem to have less dust.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i probably have the same problem as you, cuz every time i blow my nose i just end up sneezing 500 times, never ending cycle. I found the cheap toilet paper makes me not sneeze. the kind most business use.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I try to minimize the use of kleenex in my car (which is why I've been using the same box for 3.5 years, LOL). Those lotion ones do seem to have less dust.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i probably have the same problem as you, cuz every time i blow my nose i just end up sneezing 500 times, never ending cycle. I found the cheap toilet paper makes me not sneeze. the kind most business use.
Funny, I used the same thing at work and at home. TP has less dust than tissue. I've tried the lotion ones, but for some reason mine has extra dust. Must be me. The quest continues, my fellow allergy suffers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Funny, I used the same thing at work and at home. TP has less dust than tissue. I've tried the lotion ones, but for some reason mine has extra dust. Must be me. The quest continues, my fellow allergy suffers.
Scotties®' facial tissue

Dust is a normal by-product of the tissue manufacturing process. At Kruger Products Limited, we strive to remove as much tissue dust as possible from our tissues prior to the final folding and packaging phases. During unbranded consumer testing, Scotties facial tissues are consistently given top marks for having low levels of dust/lint during dispensing. (Maybe these are only available up here in Canada ?)

Also search for "airlaid" technology...

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! Will give it a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has got to be my pet peeve. Have you noticed how much dust flies around when you blow your nose with tissues? I swear 90% of the dust on my dash are from tissues (and not dead human skin cells). Sometimes I suspect tissue manufacturer's put in extra dust so that when you blow your nose, you seed the area around you with dust, and you end up sneezing again there by creating a positive feedback cycle so as to consuming more of their products.

Anyhow, to get back on point, I have noticed how doctor's offices have these tissues that seems to be less dusty. I have looked around, but there does not seem to be any low dust or dust free tissues offered to the consumers. Does anyone know of any way to get some that would fit into the glove compartment? I have tried using napkins, which does fit into the glove compartment and is much less dusty than tissues in a box, but they tend to be loosely packed and eventually ends up scattered in my glove compartment boxes.

This is the only product I've found on google, however I don't think they come in glove compartment friendly sizes.

http://www.cascades.com/site/tissue-paper/facial-tissue.html

I will have to try to hunt some of those down in anycase for home/work usage next time I go by Canadian tire.
Try Here! https://www.vitalitymedical.com/paper-tissue-products.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts