Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(UPDATE) hey guys...anyone had or do they have dunlop sp sport signatures..? Just curious looking for reviews...not too many online....fairly new tires i guess. Anyhow just bought 4. I had the falken azenis rt 615 before. I know its a downgrade with the dunlops, but im looking for something a little more practical. The falkens lasted no more than 6000 miles. I expected very short life with that tire....but ive always wanted to try that tire. Azenis were amazing..Loved that tire and people always tripped out in my car becasue they could feel the tires sticking when i would DRIVE. so treadwear on azenis was 200...The Dunlops are 420 i think these should last a bit longer. The tires got good dry trac, longevity, and wet reviews, so i bought them. Ive had them on for about 40 miles so far.....Ill GIve my review after I break them in....stay tuned.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sooo. Have now put maybe 2-3k miles on these bad boys.... definitely a GOOD performance tire...not EXTREME... at a point you can feel the sloshyness of the tread when the tire is in extreme conditions causing the car to feel/be unstable. 1 out of 10 i would prolly rate it 6.8-7 for responsive. rain 7.8-8, cornering ability 7.8- 8, dry traction 8...well see on treadwear... I do rub slightly at certain angles now with these tires

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got a set of these tires today and I'm not sure I'm happy with them. I had Kumho's before and compared to those, the Dunlop's are squirrely as hell. The side wall flex is enough to make the car feel like a Buick. I tried to get the tires loose from a stand still and again could feel the tires slushing out left to right making the rear end feel very loose compared to the Kumho's.

I don't do any track driving, but I am an aggressive driver and we have lots of roundabouts here. Don't think these are going to prove to be a good cornering tire. Anyone have suggestions for something all purpose that has less side wall flex, but still decent tread wear as well as cornering grip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.