Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first off....i want to thanks mike{aeugrx} for being one of the best .netters through this process....he was very understanding, EXTREMELY helpful, and actually cares what his customers think about his product....thanks mike...cant wait for the inners to be done...

and now....some LED tails mofos!!

like i was telling mike before, these are pretty hard to photograph nicely..all these pictures DO NOT...i repeat....DO NOT do these lights justice...they are way more amazing in person...

just did this to show how each part of the lights look....wasnt trying to make it look good...

and i remember a thread saying "can your LEDs do this?!?!?!" and it was talking about how bright this one guys sets were....these are pretty bright also....

and mike im sorry if you get a flood of emails and PM's about this now haha...

thanks everyone- jon

**edit- heres an update...i was bored...so i snapped a couple pics of the inners too...these are still during daylight hours, but they look BAD! at night...

again thanks to mike/aeugrx for being one of the best .netters ive ever dealt with....he actually got kind of annoying checking up on me to make sure everything is great ;)

this is when they look crazy at night....when the LED 3rd brake comes on, and all the circles light up...its wild at night...

sorry this pic is crap...hahah...but i only took 4..might as well post all of them...

thats all for now...thanks!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
nice! Congrats... you now offically have the other set... ;] same cept i got red blinkers :cool: my headlights are always on now. ;)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badxIS300 said:
nice! Congrats... you now offically have the other set... ;] same cept i got red blinkers :cool: my headlights are always on now. ;)
^^same haha....i got angel eyes up front with the fog mod...i have to be showing off my lights 24/7 haha....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Wow...Jon. Good job with the animated gif. These are so nice.

I gotta check them out at EOS.

But that's during the day....damn.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Hmm angel eyes with fog mod, no headlights on? That would look pretty sick with DRLs disabled.

Welcome to the club ;)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm angel eyes with fog mod, no headlights on? That would look pretty sick with DRLs disabled.
haha come on now....i HAD to get mine disconnected...

i need to get them revamped though...gona get em Nafooesified, i like the way his DDE's look....

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
? Splain? I'm lost with Nafooesified. I'm slow tonight?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres a member NaFooEsi who does his own DDE's....he takes regular ones and mods them so they are more defined and dont reflect all over the place like mine do right now...

the bottom set is one done by him....mine look like the top ones right now

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
these are very hott and i know Mike does nice work.

flyingcxp said:
damn they're bright, you blind people behind you huh. Looks great!

your post just made me think of somthing. are these things legal?. i know other cars have LED tails but is there some law that says your tails can only so bright?.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
baadhabit said:
these are very hott and i know Mike does nice work.

your post just made me think of somthing. are these things legal?. i know other cars have LED tails but is there some law that says your tails can only so bright?.
From my understanding of the law, these tails are compliant.

The brake lights need to be red, and the blinkers can be either yellow, amber, or red.

The tails aren't that bright. I've driven behind Mike and John, no problems. They just concentrate the light and thats why it appears as such.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts