Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night my friend brought his AR over so we could slam it, and put on new brakes.

To do list:
- Coilovers
- Rotora Brake disks and Axxis pads
- Greddy lip

Hmmm, which coils do we want to install. HKS or JIC Magic :uh:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Hmmmmm. I used to have wheels just like these. :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is officially dumped 2"

Now some Greddy lip action

The color on the lip is a little off and is being sent back to be resprayed. All in all it was a good install. My buddy was happy with the final outcome and has already ordered more goodies.

Reactions: is_300guy

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
DAMN!!! Very sexy with the Greddy Lip on there!!! +rep for the sexy AR! Very nicely done!

·
Registered
827 Posts
that looks awesome!!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Love the drop, car looks great!

·
Registered
154 Posts
did drilling holes require the lip to be put on?
The lip was just test fit do to the difference in color. It came pre-drilled but the bumper needs to be drilled.

Leroy looks sic bo
Leroy has been a great help to me in getting the car to where it currently is. I am more than happy with it, although we did have to raise it a bit as getting stuck on a speed bump and scraping the complete under carriage is not a good idea.

- Ryan

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leroy has been a great help to me in getting the car to where it currently is. I am more than happy with it, although we did have to raise it a bit as getting stuck on a speed bump and scraping the complete under carriage is not a good idea.

- Ryan
Hahaha that was pretty funny

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was funny especially since when we realized that we have to go back to that part of the dealership the safest way to get there was going around the back via the off roading course Top took me on.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I hope nobody thought Ryan was done with his new goodies. Just to sum it up he had a few more things to install last night so here we go.

- Apexi N1 Exhaust (bye bye HKS Dragger)
- Greddy lip
- Altezza Grill

We found a local that is new to the modding scene as well as Lexus. He just picked up an IS that came with the Apexi N1, but his wife complained about it being to loud and he wanted to swap straight up for a HKS Dragger being that it's quieter. So thus the swap began.

HKS off

As you can see the tip on the Apexi has melted poly from the previous owner's IS. Well we took care of that and sanded the poly off. It still needed to be polished but being we didn't know that actual condition prior to yesterday we didn't have the necessary supplies.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once we got the exhaust on, it was time to refit the newly repainted lip and swap grills.

So of course we had to go out for a few quick night shots. Before we took the first pic the cops rolled up on us. But since we weren't doing anything he just started asking us if we play XBOX and if we play Forza and Need for Speed :D.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The pics aren't the greatest and some are a little fuzzy, but being that it was late and we were cold and hungry at this point, we didn't really feel like staging anything serious.

Congrats Ryan for your cars dramatic change in appearance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts