Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure all of you guys have seen the pics about the IS430... is there a way to get dual exhausts like those pictures?? i think the is300 looks really good with the dual exhausts, no advantages or anything like that.. just looks really sweet...

anyone know if that's possible with the is300?? :chill:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i actually read an article from autoweek about the is300.

"The biggest exhaust distinction we noticed is that, due to packaging constraints in the smaller platform, there is a but a single pipe coming out the back instead of the dual exhaust in the GS-which costs the engine 5 horsepower and 2 lb-ft of torque compared to the GS 300."

in this case maybe having dual exhaust would look nice and give you the horsepower that should already be there. :D

·
13,978 Posts
if you do a search for dual exhaust in the inside and out forum you'll see some threads about this. it has been discussed and some members have it.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the IS700 has a W motor configuration, and 3 sets of outlets, have you seen how that looks? i was thinking that since it was anything other than what my car came with as factory equiptment, that it looked excellent because it wasn't stock, and want to get it

anyone else?

-gte

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
IS300GTE said:
the IS700 has a W motor configuration, and 3 sets of outlets, have you seen how that looks? i was thinking that since it was anything other than what my car came with as factory equiptment, that it looked excellent because it wasn't stock, and want to get it

anyone else?

-gte
You're wrong. The IS700 has a .W. configuration. It also had 3 sets of outlets but is piped to 2 then to 1, then spilts again for 2.

·
Registered
231 Posts
whats the is700? or are you guys just being sarcastic? anyway hyperrev offers a rear under spoiler that's tailored towards a dual exhuast. just fyi.

·
2,033 Posts
tyson745 said:
whats the is700? or are you guys just being sarcastic? anyway hyperrev offers a rear under spoiler that's tailored towards a dual exhuast. just fyi.
:eek: :eek: What you have never heard of the IS700 :eek: :eek:

well I hate to say it GTE but SophieSleeps has you on this one

But I will go with you on this one

that it looked excellent because it wasn't stock, and want to get it

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
first off.....this is NOT the parking lot....

the guy asked a fair question, and was responded with helpfull answers..

then this thread turned to crap..

i'm all about being sarcastic and messing around with people at times...but thats for the PARKING LOT...

whats with some of you people lately?

now i see why so many people have left .net over the past year......

:roll:

and who the hell deleted 5 of my post's?? i had over 1700 tonight....

:pissed:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
tyson745 said:
The IS700 thing was a joke. HyperRev does sell the Arms Type 2 rear valance and you are correct. It is made for a dual exhaust setup similar to the IS430 or the Zees exhaust which is the one on the black Altezza that you looked at.

·
Registered
805 Posts
dual

anyone know what the zees exausht sounds like? Whats the price on it and where can it be purchased???

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
IS300AllShow said:
tyson745 said:
:eek: :eek: What you have never heard of the IS700 :eek: :eek:

well I hate to say it GTE but SophieSleeps has you on this one

But I will go with you on this one

that it looked excellent because it wasn't stock, and want to get it
GTE's my hero
:lol: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts