Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have an IS300 with a Dual Exhaust? Dual exhaust meaning two exhaust... one on each side... (not dual tips). Im kinda digging how this might look like so I'm just wondering what kind of modifications I would have to do (bumper, bottom panel, etc)?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't it pointless to have a dual exhaust on an inline 6? Since the exhaust gases exit out of only one side, it would be a fake dual exhaust for looks only, and an expensive one at that due to all of the modding.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
the duals on that is would work becuase it is a v-8 correct? So it actually would help.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Astr0LuX said:
the duals on that is would work becuase it is a v-8 correct? So it actually would help.
Yup that true, it really only benifits the V-8 Engines cause you can put on each side an exhaust so with the first header there would be an exhaust and on the other side there would be the other exahust, Honda does this with their V-6 Accords but they go down to a y-pipe :roll:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The IS already has a split manifold going to a Y pipe. So instead of the Y you could come off with separate pipes all the way back. We used to do that with old straight 6 Chevy's and get some awesome sounds. A split mainfold, flex pipe, glass packs and 4 inch echo cans, varoooooooom.

G

·
cb8586 said:
Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't it pointless to have a dual exhaust on an inline 6? Since the exhaust gases exit out of only one side, it would be a fake dual exhaust for looks only, and an expensive one at that due to all of the modding.
then why does the gs300 come with duals?

·
Registered
212 Posts
mk said:
cb8586 said:
then why does the gs300 come with duals?
Cosmetic purposes?

I'm curious as to why also...just trying to make an educated guess.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I think the point is that you don't have to have a V engine to benefit from dual exhaust.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts