Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know were I can find information on this exhaust?

It says it is a ZEES exhaust but I can't find any information on the internet about ZEES exhaust's.

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

[This message has been edited by BLUEBYU (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you want to go dual your best bet would be to get it custom done. I doubt any US companies will make a dual system for the IS and there's no point in puting on the Altezza exhaust piping since they are totally different engines. You can buy two univeral DTM Style mufflers and get the piping custom done at an exhaust shop. I'm not sure how much those go for but I think the $200 per muffler sounds decent.

If you are going to do it you might want to make sure your mufflers are straight, sometimes they just connect it to anything they can and one of them is crooked

·
Registered
591 Posts
That Dual doesn't look like a True
Dual. Looks more like the single to a wye, to
the Dual.....
A real Dual should come from Engine all the way Back.

Also, that system shows TOO MUCH PIPE under the car for my taste.
Looks sorta like the Old Corvette Pipes...

Maybe a Hanging Problem after a while???

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
taht pic is all show no go :p having dual exhausts like that isn't going to give the IS much if any performance gain for the cost

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by mrclam:
taht pic is all show no go :p having dual exhausts like that isn't going to give the IS much if any performance gain for the cost
Correct me if I am wrong but the GS uses the same type of setup correct? For a 10hp+ (with headers?) gain I think it is worth it.

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Exhausts are about flow...dual or single has nothing to do with it. A single that can flow the same as a dual would be preferable due to weight savings.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
dual setup on a single are usually for show cars, because they do not gain any performance, but most likely loose torque because there is not enough back pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Lexus_IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing