Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive seen dual exausht on some is300s and im really curious on how the job is done and price and w.e info needed. Help me out please thanks

·
13,727 Posts
I have really only seen one IS that looked good with it, and thats Mayo's car. Seek Mayo or threads started by Mayo and ye shall be enlightened grasshopper.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Most any exhaust shop should be able to come up with something for you...

You'll have to cut out the left side of the bumper to match the right side.

Only problem I could see is that a majority of the piping is going to be on the right side and then you will have to just weld in some new piping or a Y and split it off to the drivers side. Which would only help with looks.

But will add unnecessary weight. Not to mention will look quite ricearific.

·
Registered
947 Posts
i second zar

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
put your flame suit on
i dont get it why? :confused: okkkk anyways,...

yeah there are a few cars on this forum that have dual exhaust. mayo and thundercloud are the first i can think of on top of my head, both have great setups, each muffler shop charges different. go to a few shops and get some quotes, and you gotta make sure you cut a opening on your passenger side bumper... i dont know exactly that process?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Take saw, hack up bumper, insert muffler, attach piping, rice it up.

·
Registered
633 Posts
vanilla rice rice baby.....

·
Registered
197 Posts

The previous owner of my car put on dual exhausts on it. Still debating whether to keep it or not.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
DAMN that looks good! nice a clean quad pipes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Honestly, I like it. But I do realize dual's tend to lean towards rice but I think it looks clean. Only problem is whenever I get my rear lip, I'm going to have to get another cutout for the exhaust but shouldn't be a big problem.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
While I still don't understand the point of it, that quad exhaust is the best executed dual I've seen yet.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
hey guys ive seen dual exausht on some is300s and im really curious on how the job is done and price and w.e info needed. Help me out please thanks

The job is done by taking an existing exhaust, welding another leg off of it and sending it to the other side. Making a hanger for it. That's the easiest method.

You can go my route :)
Cut the trunk out for space.
Divide the pipe with a splitter and make hangers for the entire system.

Pics are a little old. Still need to tweak it here and there when the car is back on the road.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts