Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from 10 days of animal rescue/relief work in New Orleans and was curious if anyone on the list lost their IS to the flooding? Among several GS300's and many new luxury cars, I came across one sad (silver?) IS300 that didn't make it out. It was a little hard to determine the color as the contaminated water left a thick film covering it from top to bottom. The car was located in the vicinity of St. Benard St., but you could tell it had been swept or pushed around- How far I have no idea. I hope the owner made it out of the city ok.

Reactions: boman and Rob L

·
Registered
1 Posts
bigblue05 said:
Just got back from 10 days of animal rescue/relief work in New Orleans and was curious if anyone on the list lost their IS to the flooding? Among several GS300's and many new luxury cars, I came across one sad (silver?) IS300 that didn't make it out. It was a little hard to determine the color as the contaminated water left a thick film covering it from top to bottom. The car was located in the vicinity of St. Benard St., but you could tell it had been swept or pushed around- How far I have no idea. I hope the owner made it out of the city ok.
Thank you for your time and generosity of coming down to help as much as you can. It is more than appreciated. It is amazing how many animals were left behind. My son (6 year old Schnauzer) was with me the whole time. There was NO way he was staying behind.

I am from the New Orleans area and have been in the market for an IS for a while now. Katrina has displaced me to Jackson Mississippi due to my job but I am fortunate enough to still be working!

St. Bernard was a HARD hit area. I have friends and family who lived there and everything they owned is gone or under water. My friends’ car ended up on a neighbors roof, down the street. It is surreal to see pictures that were taken by your friends and and hard to console them when they are upset about their loss. Most though are grateful just to have lived through this storm.

I will have to be very cautious with what I look at now. There is not a large market for the IS’ down here (or doesn’t seem to be). I do see them sometimes but one reason I've always loved the IS is because it is not as common to see as an Accord. It can be easy to find an auto but I want at least an ‘02 5 speed model.

Hopefully when all is said and done I will be able to find an IS. More than likely I will be making a road trip to purchase the car but that will be fun in itself.

But for now it's getting the real things back in order then on to the fun stuff!

Thanks again for your time and efforts!!

Scott

·
Registered
62 Posts
true.

if you see an is300, in relatively excellent condition, at an unbelievable price, you may find the is300 particularly suspicious...

good luck with the search, and giving the residents along the gulf coast my regards...

·
Registered
957 Posts
its pretty tragic. my neighbor's have 4 cars in their driveway with louisiana plates. its all over the area.

the drowning is makes me sad :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks for helping to rescue animals. I feel so bad for the animals there since they had NO CHOICE in trying to leave (while people did) and to be honest, try not to think about it because it just makes me sad.

Good to hear about humans saving animals and not acting like pets are somehow inferior and that it is no biggie that they die as long as people don't. My dog means more to me than any human on this planet (meaning I'd watch almost everyone in the world die/suffer before my dog did...sorry but it is the truth) save for my family and friends so I know how valuable pets are to people. When you have a pet it IS like your child so people who dont have pets need to understand the bond and importance of pets.

I also of course feel bad for the people down there who lost loved ones and basically everything else in their lives. I hope they will be able to rebuild their lives and God bless them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts