Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it pretty much hauls ass, and if you can overlook the tractor clutch, the crappy seating position, the invisible seat adjustment switch, poor visibility, and the Ford experience you got yourself a winner. It is deceptively quick, you gotta plant your right foot but when you do it launches. Kudos for the effort but I'd buy a Vette in a heartbeat over this thing.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
THe best part is that with a couple hundred dollars worth of mods (pulley, CAI, and exhaust), you'll easily be looking at 11's.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Mortimer said:
So it pretty much hauls ass, and if you can overlook the tractor clutch, the crappy seating position, the invisible seat adjustment switch, poor visibility, and the Ford experience you got yourself a winner. It is deceptively quick, you gotta plant your right foot but when you do it launches. Kudos for the effort but I'd buy a Vette in a heartbeat over this thing.
until the tire explodes and you skid into a tree and all of a sudden the engine blows up while your seat belt gets stuck. You helplessly pull on the seat belt and finally get free when you notice that the door lock malfunctions trapping you in the car as you burn alive into the firey doom.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I think a lot of you are overlooking how fast this thing is. A 12 second car is nothing to scoff at -- not even close. That's approaching slow motorcycle speeds.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with Geoff. That is extremely quick if the numbers are right. But I think you sacrifice some basic comforts and conveniences that are available at that price point on other cars not to mention warranty and reliability. But 0-60 in 4.5 is VERY quick as is hitting the traps in 12 seconds.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
FFIS300 said:
I agree with Geoff. That is extremely quick if the numbers are right. But I think you sacrifice some basic comforts and conveniences that are available at that price point on other cars not to mention warranty and reliability. But 0-60 in 4.5 is VERY quick as is hitting the traps in 12 seconds.
i think you missed something in geoff's post

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Avs suck because their fans are tards like you. Reread my post where I said I agree(the car is quick) then I use the term BUT to modify my position. I'm no english major but then again I can read. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
FFIS300 said:
The Avs suck because their fans are tards like you. Reread my post where I said I agree(the car is quick) then I use the term BUT to modify my position. I'm no english major but then again I can read. :crazy:
fuck, i think I'll root for the redwings then

hint: sarcasm

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the car is no joke and i hear its gonne b around 35k not to shabby, but like most we all know fords lack alot of important things the way i look at it, IS300 class ,looks, 30k add 7k get 12's and my tires wont blow up i wont have to buy a 50 dollar part every week and to know that when i'm driving i wont see EVERYONE AND THERE BROTHER JOCKING ONE.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
the car is no joke and i hear its gonne b around 35k not to shabby, but like most we all know fords lack alot of important things the way i look at it, IS300 class ,looks, 30k add 7k get 12's and my tires wont blow up i wont have to buy a 50 dollar part every week and to know that when i'm driving i wont see EVERYONE AND THERE BROTHER JOCKING ONE.
Seeing as the Cobra doesn't come with Firestones, I seriously don't see waht the [email protected] you are talking about. The whole 'class' thing, lets get into that. This ALWAYS comes up when someone else has a faster yet les refined car. Why the hate? All you've done is bash and bash. I just hope you run into one and you get to experience first hand what they are capable of.
Oh, and there are only a limited number of Cobras being built each year (and guess what, it's less than the number of IS300's sold :):):) ).

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
cobras don't have more class, they have more exclusivity yes, but they lack interior refinement, but then again, you are buying a cobra, why do you care? :wink:

the cobra is marketed at a different group of buyers than the is300, and the performance of the cobra owns the is300 everywhere, its just life ;)

why the hate? they are trying to justify their purchase, heh

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
mrclam said:
cobras don't have more class, they have more exclusivity yes, but they lack interior refinement, but then again, you are buying a cobra, why do you care? :wink:

the cobra is marketed at a different group of buyers than the is300, and the performance of the cobra owns the is300 everywhere, its just life ;)

why the hate? they are trying to justify their purchase, heh
I understand they are a different class of cars. Hell, I used to have a GT, I'd know first hand the difference. But when we are talking about performance, I just find it funny how people revert back to 'build quality' and 'refinement' when they have nowhere else to go. Oh, and about the performance thing in the Cobra, even with most aftermarket parts, a Cobra won't handle as well as an IS. The IS is so much easier to toss around than a Cobra. You ahve to muscle a Cobra around a track while you just point the IS and it does the work.

·
Registered
981 Posts
All you got to do is stick the pulleys from a ligthning on there and you got like 40 more hp...DAmn...Would be a fun car too have a second car... Peace.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
not hating jus know fords from owning one and know friends who hated theres to, i would without a doubt like to have one as a project to burn people up in but wouldnt car for it in any other aspect. it will be rare im sure but 95% of people are gonna be like ahhh thats jus another mustang. the biggest reason i bought in IS is becuase i can drive to work and drove home knowing i wont see my car 99% of the time. peace

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
IS3FINALLYmd
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing