Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The motor is coming out and I'm stuck trying to get the tie rod ends loose and the lower ball joint loose. The first tie rod I used a pickle fork and pretty much destroyed the bushing. I rented a puller and it will not break the lower ball joint.
The car has 100K+ miles, should I just take a fork to the rest and replace them and be done with it?

·
Premium Member
23,141 Posts
Take the whole front apart, remove the bumper, headlights, grill, radiator, core support, then undo the transmission mounts, motor mounts, exhaust, wiring harness, fuel line and your done!

Then you dont need to deal with that whole getting an alignement done afterwards OR the PITA of DROPPING the engine out the bottom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh...wait till I show you these bearings. This motor should have blown! Going for a die bore on the mains and 2 rods.
Question...should I bore the cylinders? New rings on all pistons if I don't? Ring suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.