Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a honda veteran that upgraded to IS300 now i was wondering if dropping it worked the same way. If i were to drop my is would i need a camber kit or could it be aligned like normal with the machine?

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
bad camber is pretty much a way of life on the IS, depending on how far you drop, you probably won't be able to get it within spec and there isn't much available as far as camber kits go.

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
well, what about my arms ;)
It depends on how low you go, but its a combination of camber as well as rear toe angle. It wears down the inner shoulder...First 1-2" of tread.
My rear arms fix camber as well as bump steer. Just make sure you choose wisely on a spring shock combo or coilover set. How low are you looking to go?

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Your car will gain camber as you lower it.

Like Figs said, he has rlca's for you that would fix it.

But If you don't want to affect your roll center then you will need to figure out a kit for adjusting camber.

I believe Ikeya Formula has something that would work for you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that low im thinking maybe 1.5 in the back just enough to make it look a bit even im thinking of getting the kaminari lips but i dont want then kissing the ground. I remember on honda you had to purchase the camber kit for the front cause they wore out fast if you didnt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts