Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if Lexus dealerships are dropping the sticker prices of models other than the IS300? I don't know if im correct but i might of heard on this forum that SC400s were selling at the price of the SC300s to make room for the new SC430.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i dunno i LOVE the sc class....its not that good performance wise for the size of the engine etc but i don't even care :p i'd like to drive that thing around for just a little bit for the looks =)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did read from another post earlier taht the sc400 prices would drop because of the new model. im not totally sure though.havent seen it mentioned anywhere else.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the SCs aren't bad, but id only consider one if they were willing to drop the price substantially, as in 6+ grand off sticker. otherwise id rather spend my money on the new m3, or the upcoming supra (if the rumors are true for 2002). Anyone see the Sleeper SC300 in the latest issue of Turbo Magazine? Notice the last paragraph in the article, it cracks me up

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i dunno i LOVE the sc class....its not that good performance wise for the size of the engine etc but i don't even care :p i'd like to drive that thing around for just a little bit for the looks =)
"It's not that good perfomance wise for the size of the engine?" If you're talking about the SC400 then obviously you haven't driven one. That car makes 290hp out of a normally aspirated 4.0liter V8 (it's a GEM). It does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds (faster than the majority of cars on the road) and it handles beautifully. That particular car is probably the only Lexus destined to be a Classic (Thus Far). Interesting that it was designed in California.
Eric.....

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
well, i guess it just depends on your definition of performance. i guess i have higher standards than most people

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
i heard of ppl getting SC400/SC300s for over $6000 off MSRP, I've even heard of 10k (uinsubstantiated) off invoice...depends on location of dealer the volume they sell, their inventory, and how good at negotiating you are...The IS300s are the fastest Lexus cars moving right now...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I have a GS400 now and can vouche for its performance figures. The LS400, GS400, and SC400 are quicker than the IS300... The LS400 and SC400 do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds while the GS400 does it in 5.7 seconds. The IS300 in 7.1+ seconds...
Eric....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I Order mine last monday and was told i would get it by the end of this month.
I got mine for $33,353 with a $500 discount. I jumped on the deal, i'm putting down $11,800 down. Getting the Blue one.
:)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
If you guys think the IS is tough to get and deal on wait until March when the deeper pockets fight over the SC 430. Good lord is that car gonna sell. If you haven't seen it in person you are in for a helluva surprise.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Brad,

The point is this though: If you can afford a 65K car, there is no reason to fight to get anything off the MSRP. Lexus already discourages mark-up on the car above the MSRP. So, all you are gonna see are waiting lists to get it. Unlike the IS300 purchasers (myself included) SC people will just pay the asking price, thus eliminating the frustration of having dealers laugh in your face when you ask for the price you want.

[This message has been edited by Lost_soul (edited August 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yes and no. No Lexus won't go beyond MSRP. You are right about that. But, the negotiation process is different for higher priced items. Usually, the seller realizes the buyer, if truly interested, has the money (oftentimes ready for an outright cash purchase) and he/she is much more likely to be an "A" credit. But don't think there isn't a negotiation process. I certainly haven't lessened my negotiating drive as my income has risen. I certainly hope I don't give up if my income trend continues.

Originally posted by Lost_soul:
Brad,

The point is this though: If you can afford a 65K car, there is no reason to fight to get anything off the MSRP. Lexus already discourages mark-up on the car above the MSRP. So, all you are gonna see are waiting lists to get it. Unlike the IS300 purchasers (myself included) SC people will just pay the asking price, thus eliminating the frustration of having dealers laugh in your face when you ask for the price you want.

[This message has been edited by Lost_soul (edited August 18, 2000).]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts