Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow .netters,

i was thinking about replacing my stock filter with another type of drop in filter.
just wondering what would be the best brand out there for drop in filters.

i don't think i'm quite ready for a whole new intake system. just so ppl don't tell me to get that, lol

i was looking at the K&N and Blitz...are they good?...and are there other types that are really good....i just want that extra few horseees

thx

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMPRIMIS said:
Search

AFE
TRD
TOMS
BLITZ

Come on man :lol:

are all those brands pretty good in terms of amount of possible hp gains??

·
Registered
285 Posts
B_is300 said:
hello fellow .netters,

i was thinking about replacing my stock filter with another type of drop in filter.

i don't think i'm quite ready for a whole new intake system. just so ppl don't tell me to get that, lol

i was looking at the K&N and Blitz...are they good?...and are there other types that are really good....i just want that extra few horseees

thx
I actually have the K&N but i've heard good things about he AFE/TRD filter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
B_is300 said:
are all those brands pretty good in terms of amount of possible hp gains??
lately i've been thinking..... hp vs wallet. i personally don't think a SLIGHT hp gain would make a difference in your car. yeah, an intake sound a bit louder. but as ppl siad if you drive a LEXUS, it aims for perfection hence quietness of the engine. with an intake system, u might gain a SLIGHT hp, but u get lower mileage. i used to have an intake, but in the end i changed it back to the stock like form with a K&N drop in filter. the lower torque is greater than that with an intake.... and also... this is the most IMPORTANT i can do an extra 50km with that intake. so u decide hp = more gas = less mileage. drop in filter = more torque and MORE gas mileage. if hp ever come in your mind... think about getting turbo! minor things is a waste of money in both sides. parts and gas....

·
3,369 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Damn noob didn't learn from his earlier shiftknob thread... :frustrate:

See? Being nice and patient is useless to some people. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
238 Posts
TRD is what im going with

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
B_is300 said:
hello fellow .netters,

thx
Got a TRD drop filter for sale at 50 bucks plus shipping. It will come with the filter cleaning kit as well. 7-8 months old.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I've had the TRD filter for a while now and it works fine..i mean your looking to spend 50-70 bucks on the filter anyways...dont expect the an air filter to push you into your seat, gains are very minimal.....AFE is exactly the same filter as the TRD just without the TRD stamp on it....i've seen some on ebay for like 45-50 bucks..the trd (depending where you get it) is around 50-65...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys...i got the AFE filter off ebay.

i was just some parts in the engine and i noticed how ugly the filter is. so i thought i'd give this a try

1 - 13 of 13 Posts