Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 Sport Design and really dig the factory look. My only real "complaint" is that the factory wheels appear to be sucked in too far and the car too high.
Just curious, does anyone have any pictures laying around of an IS on the S-Tech springs? Or H-Tech as I've noticed? For a daily driver...What is a good equilibrium of noticeably low but still "functional"? Need to see how much of the wheel well gap is eliminated. I will be keeping the factory 17" Sport Design wheels on.
Also, are there any wheel spacers out there to make the factory wheels flush? I don't mind rolling the fenders if it is needed.
Not looking at going all out with coilovers and all that jazz...I have my RX-7 for that stuff. This is just my car that I drive back and forth from work.

Thanks for any and all help!
-Tyler

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
You already posted this thread......

Search, it's so easy to do. If it's just your DD you should just go with Eibach prokit springs...and throw on some 20mm for the front and 25mm for the rear. I think the sport design wheels have the same specs as the 5 spoke stockers right?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
New People need to be temp banned from posting till there online time adds up to atleast 5-6 hours of reading.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone's insight. I purchased a set of Tein S-Tech lowering springs with Ichiba 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. Looks like this will be the best setup for driving the car daily. My distributor is back-ordered so I'll be getting them the first week of April or so and have them installed by my local shop, Zen Motors.

Stoked! :cool:

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Right on...post pics when you can.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for everyone's insight. I purchased a set of Tein S-Tech lowering springs with Ichiba 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. Looks like this will be the best setup for driving the car daily. My distributor is back-ordered so I'll be getting them the first week of April or so and have them installed by my local shop, Zen Motors.

Stoked! :cool:
Why did you go with 15mm and 20mm, rather than 20mm and 25mm as sway162 suggested? Just curious because i just measured gap on mine and came up with 20 and 25 to be flush.. Did someone tell you not to go completely flush?

Also would love to see before and after pics if you take any.. it might help me decide what to do. I'm searching for and reading about spacers today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why did you go with 15mm and 20mm, rather than 20mm and 25mm as sway162 suggested? Just curious because i just measured gap on mine and came up with 20 and 25 to be flush.. Did someone tell you not to go completely flush?

Also would love to see before and after pics if you take any.. it might help me decide what to do. I'm searching for and reading about spacers today.
I did some measuring as well did my installer. With the drop, and the 20mm up front and 25mm in the back...If I had anyone sitting in the backseat I'd be pretty darn close to ripping up my tires without rolling the fenders and I didn't really feel like messing with all of that. I just got the car back today and man...PERFECT. Tein S-Tech springs with 15mm up front and 20mm in the back is exactly what I was looking for. I could have done a 25mm in the rear to get it "perfect", but it would have been too close for comfort. In my opinion, the 15mm up front is just right.
We test drove the car after the install with someone in the back and it was very close to rubbing fenders with a 20mm in the rear...Had we done the 25mm some trimming/rolling would have been needed.

I haven't gotten around to snapping pictures as I literally picked up the car a couple hours ago from Zen Motors as I had some other work done on the car as well. I'll try and snap some after work tomorrow.

-Tyler

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! The S-Techs dropped the car perfectly for a car I drive every day. Just low enough to eliminate fender gap but not so low I cannot get in/ out of my driveway, cross speed bumps without having to bit it at a 45* angle... You know. And yeah, to get the wheels 'literally' flush, 20/25 would have been the route to go. However, with this drop, had I gone with that there's no way I could have gone without rolling fenders and scraping tires on fenders. Now I can drive my car just like stock with full lock steering with 2 people in the back. Would have been silly to do anything more than I did for an everyday car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
it's a shame the IS's didn't come from the factory like this but hey, great mods.. :approve: :approve: thanks for the pics too ~ now u've got me wanting to swap Eibach for S-Tech .. but this ain't about me.. looks great! +rep like i said i would.. gonna search out some 15/20 spacers for myself now.. (recommendations welcome)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's a shame the IS's didn't come from the factory like this but hey, great mods.. :approve: :approve: thanks for the pics too ~ now u've got me wanting to swap Eibach for S-Tech .. but this ain't about me.. looks great! +rep like i said i would.. gonna search out some 15/20 spacers for myself now.. (recommendations welcome)
Thanks man! Not sure what the whole rep thing does but I'll give you some, too haha. The S-Tech was perfect for me...My only complaint is I wish the rear was maybe a 1/4" higher...But it looks like all IS's drop that way.

I used Ichiba 15mm front/20mm rear. No complaints at all with the system; worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used Ichiba 15mm front/20mm rear. No complaints at all with the system; worked flawlessly.
oh i actually meant.. seller recommendations, not sure i want to get IS parts from eBay, ya know? (altho sometimes i do get minor stuff and it's fine).. speaking of eBay i saw a complete 'repair manual parts list' auction (pdf's) on there the other day and then found most the same items in a Sticky thread here on this forum.. :jawDrop: heh.. so thanks my.IS, you just saved me 2 paypal bucks. Ok well thanks for all the info & enjoy your new (lower) ride ~

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh i actually meant.. seller recommendations, not sure i want to get IS parts from eBay, ya know? (altho i sometimes do and it's fine).. speaking of eBay i saw a complete 'repair manual parts list' auction (pdf's) on there the other day and then found most the same items in a Sticky thread here on this forum.. :jawDrop: heh.. so thanks my.IS, you just saved me 2 paypal bucks. Ok well thanks for all the info & enjoy your new (lower) ride ~
Oh fo' shizzle. I'll send a PM your way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another quick question. What are the wheel spec's of the factory IS300 wheels?

More specifically, what are the offsets? I did a search, but am coming up empty handed...Or just looking in the wrong places.
Thanks!
-Tyler

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.