·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm sure you could wire it so they are on, but I could see a problem arising when the highbeams were to be turned on. Melting the fuse or something is what I'd think.. but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yes you can have them both on by turning your high beams on. the highbeam light and DRL is the same light;) so to answer your question its very possible but youd be driving around with your highbeams on.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
it is your highbeam bulb, but if you are asking if you can have the dull DRL on and your headlights, why would you want to do that? it would look stupid because you would have your HIDs and then a dull bulb on right next to it

Im failing to see the point in doing it

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess your right, cause i was going to replace the high beam bulb with a yellow one and yeah but thanks anyways you guys much appreciated

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
i guess your right, cause i was going to replace the high beam bulb with a yellow one and yeah but thanks anyways you guys much appreciated
that would be a cool contrast, but I dont think it would look right with the headlights on...youve got yellow fogs, just do an 3000K HID coversion on them and it will look cool ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
no drl hid high beams try them there awsome but u have to disconnect ur drls totally but so worth it hate the look of drls love hid high beams 8000k lights up tyhe road like whoa bang

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
no drl hid high beams try them there awsome but u have to disconnect ur drls totally but so worth it hate the look of drls love hid high beams 8000k lights up tyhe road like whoa bang
i dont like it either so I took the DRL box out, but I saw somebody a while back that did yellow DDEs and a HID coversion on the fogs, so it was all yellow upfront, and at night if they had replaced the DRL bulb with a yellow one it would have looked sweet without the headlights being on

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would be a cool contrast, but I dont think it would look right with the headlights on...youve got yellow fogs, just do an 3000K HID coversion on them and it will look cool ;)
that sounds good to me thanks for the advice

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys. i need help on my lighting situation. I just swapped out my Drl/Highbeam bulbs with an hid conversion kit. i have tried unplugging the drl resistor box near the intake. They look super sexy at night when i turn the highbeams on. But does anyone know how i can get these hid lights running when i have the parking lights on.

before i swapped the bulbs out they worked along side the parking lights when i turned the light switch near the steering wheel 3 clicks "putting it into parking light mode".

So again if anybody knows of any mod or trick i can do to get these hid Drls working along side the parking lights it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts