Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I?m having a headlight issue. I recently did the DRL mod by disconnecting the DRL resistor. I unfortunatey forgot to electrical tape the loose ends up and I think it got wet and shorted, over the last month or so the passenger headlight would turn off and on randomly and I?d have to turn the headlights off and on to get it to fire back up. Recently they both turned off while driving at night, luckily my DRL?s came on but it motivated me to fix this issue.

I reversed the DRL mod but it didnt fix the problem. I can hear a buzz when I turn my headlights on (not sure if its Drl resistor or drl voltage relay)

I ordered the DRL resistor (the one with the yellow sticker) on ebay already and just don?t want to install it and have it get shorted out too. I did a search but wasnt able to find anyone with the same issue. My main question is where could the short be coming from? Is it from the DRL resistor or the DRL voltage relay?

Any thoughts on this issue would be helpful thanks in advance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ballasts are gone - remove bumper and the headlights etc., etc., etc. Look for the threads on how to do it. I also looked at a few videos on youtube. I just had one go, but went ahead, and ordered two. About $100 on amazon from a company that guarantees them for 6 or 7 years. I also replaced all the bulbs while everything was out. Everything works great, and it was not all that difficult

1 - 5 of 5 Posts