Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on sunday night i was pulled over a block from my house. the cop asked me if i knew why he pulled me over? i said no. because i was making sure that i was driving good. he said that it was illeagel to drive with your fogs on when there is no fog. this was at night so my lights and fogs were on as they always are. they took about 45 min to check over my car. they ended up only giving me fix it tickets for no front plate (even though arizona where my car is registered only gives you one plate) and modified exhaust. hks hyper. i told them it was 50 state legal but still wrote the ticket for it. after i signed the ticked the dumbass cop never gave it to me left it on the ticket pad. sorry this is so long winded just had to rant and rave.

·
Registered
115 Posts
show them the carb certificate that says the HKS hiper is legal, and they wont write you up for it. if you search im sure you can find it if you lost it, or dont have it

·
Registered
341 Posts
those fucking pigs should die

a few days ago i was talked to by a sherriff when i was going my usual 15 over speed limit and some mofo reported me and a friend said it was racing that fooker.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Altezza3456 said:
a few days ago i was talked to by a sherriff when i was going my usual 15 over speed limit and some mofo reported me and a friend said it was racing that fooker.
what the heck are you trying to say? Next time you might try using halfway intelligible grammar.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Altezza3456 said:
those fucking pigs should die

youre complaining about getting "talked to by a sherrif" for speeding ? :lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
People who drive around with fog lights on all the time are douche bags.

You're complaining about getting a ticket for something that's illegal, grow up, take responsibility for your actions.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
XCstud said:
Altezza3456 said:
what the heck are you trying to say? Next time you might try using halfway intelligible grammar.
For serious...

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I'm a douchebag because I have the fogs on all the time...Rubley is so smart and wise... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
for some reason the whole driving with fogs on is illegal thing sounds like bullshit to me. it should be fine as long as it's either white (halogen white, not hyperwhite), amber, or yellow. also as long as you are under the legal limit to the number of lights that can be on at a time (i think it's 6) so counting your fogs, sidemarkers and headlights, that should be six which should be fine.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
i don't know california vehicle code, but I didn't see any infraction for foglights other than improperly mounted ones on this list though I didn't look that closely although I did see that coasting in neutral on a downgrade is an infraction.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/lov/lovd11.htm
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/lov/lovd12.htm

What code did he cite you for on the ticket?

Keep in mind that some municipalities could have more restrictive rules than the state code, but chances are you liked like a punk driving around with the fogs and the cop decided to pull you over since you fit the profile of a punk who probably had illegally modified his car.

·
8,803 Posts
(even though arizona where my car is registered only gives you one plate)

why is your car registered in AZ if you live in CA? Here in az, if you get pulled over and your car is registered out of state, buy you live here, they will hit you with a huge fine. I guess alot of people were sidestepping the law to register cars from a cheaper state, so they are cracking down. I actually think if you report some one doing that, the state give you like 30 bucks!

as far as fogs, i have had 3 cars with them, and always have had them on at night. always.

never hassled one bit for em.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
after searching the list a little farther, i have found the vehicle code under which 13s_is300 was cited.

25276(a): Improper use of warning lamps by vehicle used to transport handicapped or mentally retarded.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
24403. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two foglamps which may be used with, but shall not be used in substitution of, headlamps. Fog lamps shall be mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches and so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall at a distance of 25 feet ahead project higher than a level of four inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24403.htm

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
XCstud said:
after searching the list a little farther, i have found the vehicle code under which 13s_is300 was cited.

25276(a): Improper use of warning lamps by vehicle used to transport handicapped or mentally retarded.

That was tooooo funny, still laughing as I'm typing.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
XCstud said:

there is always a smart ass. that is funny though.

tahoe: my car is still registered in az because it will cost about 600 to register in ca and i still "have residence" in AZ.

the cop said that it was a distraction to other drivers having the fogs on. as far as the code that they used i dont know. they still have the ticket on the ticket book. :lol: :shame:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
damn...CA has strict ass laws...
ive driven past many cops and never hassled me for my exhaust or my fogs...
although i was pulled over (gave me a verbal warning) for turning too quickly...and almost tailgating my friend...

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
13s_is300 said:
XCstud said:

there is always a smart ass. that is funny though.

tahoe: my car is still registered in az because it will cost about 600 to register in ca and i still "have residence" in AZ.

the cop said that it was a distraction to other drivers having the fogs on. as far as the code that they used i dont know. they still have the ticket on the ticket book. :lol: :shame:
the front lights on the car are supposed to be pointed 15 degrees downward from horizontal. if you have lowered your car they might be pointed too high, which would be a valid reason for ticketing... but you're lucky he kept the ticket. maybe you will get it in the mail.

·
Registered
115 Posts
how can driving with fogs be illegal....? as long as you have your head lights on they shouldnt be. my cousins impreza's fog lights stay on if the car is on, i think they are refered to as daytime lights? not sure, but his are always on when hes driving

·
Registered
847 Posts
13s_is300 said:
on sunday night i was pulled over a block from my house. the cop asked me if i knew why he pulled me over? i said no. because i was making sure that i was driving good. he said that it was illeagel to drive with your fogs on when there is no fog. this was at night so my lights and fogs were on as they always are...
you have a legitimate complaint. it's not illegal to drive with your fog lights on as long as you're not substituting your headlamps. If you were driving at night with your only fog lights on then you'd be in violation. If that was his sole reason for pulling you over then it was an illegal stop. you should fight this in court. you'll win as long as the cop doesn't lie and say that he pulled you over for a different reason. bring your VC book with you and asked them to show you where it's illegal...i don't think they can because there isn't such a law...if there is i haven't found it...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts