Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno if this should be in race related, but its kinda general...

basically i want to learn how to 'drive.' ive heard driving schools are important just as it is to lproperly learn how to ride a motorcycle. what do you cali LA people know about a drving school near LA area and costs?

·
Registered
340 Posts
im not sure about socali... but in nocal we got skip barber driving school, its 2-3 days, runs about 2500$+, you lean road hazard driving, you even get to drive their Viper GT.

(thats just the driving school) There is also the racing school... the prerequisite for the racing school is the driving school (ofcourse) and it runs about 3500$+, I've heard you drive 360 modena's, but i have yet to know anyone to take the racing school...

a good friend of mine took the driving school, she drives a porche targa 6spd w/remus exh, and damn she can drive ... canyon running in the hills of Carmel Valley ... I like to think that I can drive, but damn IMO... driving school would help improve and hone anyone's driving skills...

just my .02 cents

·
Registered
931 Posts
austinaltezza, i was thinking the same thing. i'll let you know if i find anything interesting in LA (i live near wilshire/fairfax) if you'll let me know. on a side note, does anyone know if taking a state sponsored defensive driving course will lower insurance?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
They had a lexus performance driving school in Fontana last June. Hosted by Lexus with the Team Lexus IS300's and GS's.... check it out here : http://www.lexusdrivingschool.com/
I'm not sure when their next event will be. I regret that I didn't go to the Fontana one.

other than that, I've heard that BMW has driving school events and they allow non-bmw cars to show up... check with your local BMW clubs. I think a user named mrclam or ckolsen posted about this a while ago.

I've been going to the different promotional events that car companies put on for their cars. Like the Mazda rev it up autocross for the mazda 6 debut and the mercedes C-spot drive party and the BMW ultimate drive event. They usually teach some very very basic driving concepts (stuff you could learn from playing gran turismo) but the benefit is that you get to play with their cars in an autcrossing environment in an empty airfield. It was pretty cool for a beginner like me to play around and get my feet wet. But now I'm waiting for another event like the Lexus perfomance driving school to improve my driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts