Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year BMW Canada launch their Advance driving course here in Toronto and Montreal Canada.

This past good Friday, I attended their Level one Advance Driving Course. I learn lots of different driving technique and it was a lot of fun.

The students gets 2001 330CI (fully loaded) with DSC. The instructor uses M coupe. It was an experience. The biggest drawback is the cost. It cost $525 Cdn Dollar includes Tax. About 338 $US. It was a one day course.

Anyway, after spending the whole day with the 2001 330CI, I still feel the IS300 is a better car. But one thing for sure the DSC is a very useful feature. Wish we have that on the IS.

Tom
2001 GGP IS300

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Come on, tell us the good stuff, what did you do in the course? Why do you like the IS300 better than the 330?

Originally posted by tchan:
This year BMW Canada launch their Advance driving course here in Toronto and Montreal Canada.

This past good Friday, I attended their Level one Advance Driving Course. I learn lots of different driving technique and it was a lot of fun.

The students gets 2001 330CI (fully loaded) with DSC. The instructor uses M coupe. It was an experience. The biggest drawback is the cost. It cost $525 Cdn Dollar includes Tax. About 338 $US. It was a one day course.

Anyway, after spending the whole day with the 2001 330CI, I still feel the IS300 is a better car. But one thing for sure the DSC is a very useful feature. Wish we have that on the IS.

Tom
2001 GGP IS300

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Originally posted by tchan:

Tom
2001 GGP IS300
I'm glad to hear you say that about the BMW. I was pretty torn between the BMW and the IS - obviously I ended up with the IS (and I have no regrets thus far). I did receive an invitation to attend the BMW autocross here in Chicago the first weekend in May. I will get to drive the 330Xi. I'm pretty excited. I'll let everyone know how that goes!

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
IS300girl, I think I asked this before, but are you sure it's the 330Xi at the BMW event? I thought it was just the 330i?

Originally posted by is300girl:
I'm glad to hear you say that about the BMW. I was pretty torn between the BMW and the IS - obviously I ended up with the IS (and I have no regrets thus far). I did receive an invitation to attend the BMW autocross here in Chicago the first weekend in May. I will get to drive the 330Xi. I'm pretty excited. I'll let everyone know how that goes!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The course consists of lots of understeering and oversteering recovery. They actually turn off the DSC during the run. I actual spin out lots of time on the track. But it was a lot of fun. But when the DSC is turn on, no one in the class was able to cause a spinnout at all.

They also did lost of emergency lane change and braking. That was kind of fun as well. Their actuall wet the track when you do the run. They do the run at different speed run with differnet objects and surprise. I killed a number of cones.

Originally posted by ckolsen:
[QB]Come on, tell us the good stuff, what did you do in the course? Why do you like the IS300 better than the 330?

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
IS300girl, I think I asked this before, but are you sure it's the 330Xi at the BMW event? I thought it was just the 330i?

[qb]I'm glad to hear you say that about the BMW. I was pretty torn between the BMW and the IS - obviously I ended up with the IS (and I have no regrets thus far). I did receive an invitation to attend the BMW autocross here in Chicago the first weekend in May. I will get to drive the 330Xi. I'm pretty excited. I'll let everyone know how that goes!
[/QB]
The confirmation they e-mailed me said 330xi. ??? I guess they could be lying....

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I guess maybe BMW is trying to push the all-wheel drive version, to convince people it's fun or something. I was hoping it was the 330.

The confirmation they e-mailed me said 330xi. ??? I guess they could be lying....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts