Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k - i am a bit rusty on my shifting...seeing as my maxima is an auto. i try and drive stick at every given oppurtunity...my friend has a 95 jetta and that shifts so easy, it makes me sick, and my old corolla was a 5 speed...
well - im guess im just askin what should i be weary of? ive read a lot of complaints about the shifting making a thud noise, etc. what about the catch point? is it high & tight? or is the clutch soft?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm by no means an expert, but I think the clutch on the my '02 is VERY forgiving.

If you do hear a "clunk" while shifting, try and give a bit of a delay between pushing the clutch and moving into the next gear.

Also, if they allow you, make sure to bring it up above 5k RPM .... you'll love the roar

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I test drove the is300, like james said it very forgiving I didnt stall it once. Very notchy shifter all though it did not seem high to me, but my other car is a celica so maybe its high as well.
Sentinel

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, im goin in 10 minutes to lex of watertown....i cant wait!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts