Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help.... driverside hid starting turning really purple then cuts out is the bulb bad or balast? any help would be apriciated

·
Registered
79 Posts
The best way to find out is to swap the bulbs from one side to the other. If the problem switches sides, then your problem would be the bulb.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had some problems with my HID before similar to yours and it turned out that some water had seeped into the actual computer module on the bottom half of the headlight right under the housing and corroded the connecter ends...I hope that you don't have the same issue because that computer module is costly to replace.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
RocaLEX said:
I had some problems with my HID before similar to yours and it turned out that some water had seeped into the actual computer module on the bottom half of the headlight right under the housing and corroded the connecter ends...I hope that you don't have the same issue because that computer module is costly to replace.
i had the exact same problem but not as serious... i had erosion on my ballast i believe. Too long ago to remember. Luckily if your still under warranty let Lexus take care of it. Going to be costly like what Rocal said

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i changed the bulb with ones i had laying around work it was the bulb, lexus said they wouldnt cover it even though i still have my warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts