Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a strange issue going on. I remember making a left turn a few days ago and my driver side speaker cut out. Just the front one and not the rear.

Now for some odd reason it only wants to come back on when I put the car in reverse!

Any clue as to what might be going on here before I rip my door panel off?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Does it happen when the car is in reverse and stopped or when you're moving in reverse?

There are only a few screws holding the door panel on. It's a 5-10 minute job. I think there is one in the door pull, one behind a little panel in the handle trim, and one behind a panel by the tweeter.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused:So I just installed some new speakers hoping it had something to do with having original stock speakers, but to no avail. Although they sound great the driver side still only works in reverse. :confused::pissed:

Any clue as to what might be going on?

And on a side note how much should I expect to pay to get my rear diff swapped? Just for labor. And where can I find new capscrews to replace the old ones?

Thanks for any help folks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked your wiring behind the door panel?
How are your speakers wired?
All of the wiring looked fine to me. Standard stock setup with new plug and play wire harness adapters for the aftermarket speakers.

No obvious signs of damage to the existing wiring. And since the speaker works with the shifter (auto) in reverse I would assume the wiring itself is not the issue, but I haven't looked at any diagrams to see what might be in common with the gear selector. Haven't checked for codes yet either, but no lights on indicating a code is present on the dash.

Stumped! :confused:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if this would be related to my current issue, but my navigation doesn't work all the time either. I don't think it's a disk read error since I have two different year disks and they both have the same issue with working all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts