Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IS300 2004 Lexus Sedan
So I had my driver window smashed in and just got it replaced. The driver side window has that automatic child protection thing going on, but now since they replaced my window it is now out of sync.
The issue is when I hit the automatic window button it goes all the way up and than comes back down half way. By the 4th time I do this than it will stay up.
They told me that usually when they reset the battery it will start working again. They tried that and nothing. I have to bring it back to them to fix this, but they have no idea what they are doing. So can anyone please direct me on how to fix this?? Thanks!!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
in another toyota car i worked on, you have to calibrate the auto up/down feature when you disconnect the door switch from the power source for a while.

in order to do that, you hold the switch down (at the auto down position) to roll the window all the way down, then hold it up (at the auto up position) until the window rolls all the way to the top.

not sure if the IS is done that way, but give it a shot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The window motor needs to be clocked, most glass installers are clueless, so never do. To fix it, the motor must be removed from the regulator, then the switch plugged back in. Hit the down button, and let the motor turn until it stops, then bump it back up until the gear has made six full turns. From there, just reinstall the window motor, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The window motor needs to be clocked, most glass installers are clueless, so never do. To fix it, the motor must be removed from the regulator, then the switch plugged back in. Hit the down button, and let the motor turn until it stops, then bump it back up until the gear has made six full turns. From there, just reinstall the window motor, and you'll be good to go.
this is correct. below are the full instructions i pulled from somewhere :)

ADJUSTMENT

HOW TO RESET POWER WINDOW MOTOR (RESET SWITCH AND PULSE SWITCH)
If the jam protection is not functioned properly, perform the following procedure.

HINT: It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.

Remove the power window motor. HINT: Place the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
Connect the power window motor and power window switch to wire harness of the vehicle.
Turn the ignition switch ON and operate the power window switch to idle the power window motor in UP side direction for more than 6 rotations or less than 10 rotates (4 seconds or more).
Assemble the power window motor and regulator. HINT:
Install the motor when the regulator arm is below the middle point.
Align the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
Assemble the power window regulator and door glass. HINT: Never rotate the motor to the down direction until the completion of the window glass installation.
Connect power window switch to wire harness and turn the ignition switch ON.
Repeat UP and DOWN operation several times manually.
Check if AUTO UP -> AUTO DOWN operates in automatic operation. HINT:
Take care that the jam protection function does not operate just after resetting.
Reset the regulator again when performing the reverse operating after closing the window fully by AUTO UP operation.
Check the power window function

·
Registered
57 Posts
ah man this thread just saved me on buying anew motor and regulator. I had the same situation where somebody smashed the hell out of my driver window and the window is wacked out now. Hope this really works.

Thanks to those with the great input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts