Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right rear is noticably higher . does anyone have this problem too? This problem is not caused because there is anything wrong with our suspension, but is caused due to The gas tank being on the driver side. I was wondering for those of you who got aftermarket shocks and springs combo, Does your rear right side and rear left side comes out even? If anyone have some Solutions to this it will be great to post.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I saw the samething, but didn't know why one side was higher than the other. I took it to Lexus of Watertown, mechanic was very nice, said it's the same for all the cars, and nothing was wrong. The service represenative then asked the mechanic, "how much would you charge for this?" The mechanic said, "I wouldn't charge him anything", turns to me and said, "you did the right thing bring your car in". Went back inside, and that BI#(h slaps me with a $40 bill, for half hour of work. That's when I decided never to go back.

HEY HOW'S IT GOING!??!???!?!?!?!? :eek:

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
kaoticISdriver said:
The right rear is noticably higher . does anyone have this problem too? This problem is not caused because there is anything wrong with our suspension, but is caused due to The gas tank being on the driver side. I was wondering for those of you who got aftermarket shocks and springs combo, Does your rear right side and rear left side comes out even? If anyone have some Solutions to this it will be great to post.
How much noticeably? Inches?

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
i have heard reports that this is due to the car being set up for right hand drive.. more weight is set on the left so that a 150-200 lb driver in the right seat would even out the weight distribution. there isn't really anything you can do about it. i guess if you really wanted to you could get coilovers and set one side a little lower than the other, but then the car would be off balance.

·
Registered
400 Posts
the front right on my car is .37 inches higher than the left side. very strange. i've read plenty of stories about IS300 owners having similar problems. the rears are exactly the same. the only way to even it out is to install a spacer in either of the side's that is lower or higher.

·
8,849 Posts
Installing your stereo equipment so that there is more weight on the right side should fix it. :wink: :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Use one of those leveler things and you will find the air bubble being very much skewed to the left. (measure it once with the leveler on the front center of your front bumper, right in front of the grille and measure it once on the center of the rear trunk or spoiler)
There is no way this height difference is within factory spec (this is what my dealer told me the first time i went in for this problem)
I am going to continue go back to my dealer until this issue is resolved.
I will keep you guys updated.

·
8,849 Posts
^^^^
When I was working on my car, sitting on the right side where the rear seat is, made the car tilted towards it. I had my wife sit in the driver seat to correct it while I was working. :eek:
I do have a manual IS, which has stiffer springs, though.

·
3,160 Posts
kaoticISdriver said:
How many times and how many forums are you going to post this in?

And it's not the gas tank. I went to get my car corner balanced with a near empty tank

·
3,160 Posts
blueMM said:
Use one of those leveler things and you will find the air bubble being very much skewed to the left. (measure it once with the leveler on the front center of your front bumper, right in front of the grille and measure it once on the center of the rear trunk or spoiler)
There is no way this height difference is within factory spec (this is what my dealer told me the first time i went in for this problem)
I am going to continue go back to my dealer until this issue is resolved.
I will keep you guys updated.
It's not a problem. Get your car weighed.

Go do a search on my corner balancing thread in the SDR forum. Maybe then you'll leave the dealership alone and stop with ricockulous petitions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.