Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm fairly new to the forums here (don't post much) however I had a question I was hoping someone could help me with. I tried searching for similar posts/topics but couldn't find any...

I have an 04 IS300 & my driver side HID has been flickering for some time now and I originally thought it might just need a bulb replacement. A buddy of mine said he didn't think it was the bulb and that I should just bring it into Lexus.

So today I brought it in and one of the techs took a look at it and said I probably need a HID Ballast Replacement. (Part# 8110753040) which he said would run me $1500 according to that part number. I originally thought it was going to cost about $200 to replace an HID ballast but I guess the module or "brain" itself may need to be replaced and thats what costs so much. So now i'm wondering where I could try and find one cheaper.

Any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
I bought some used on ebay for 50-80 each. These even came with bulbs in them as well. Works like a charm.

Lots of Lexus models use the same ballasts, there is nothing special about them.
Certainly not to justify $1500.00 for a new one!

You will need to invest some time putting them in - like removing the bumper and then the light. Simply follow the tutorials found on this site, they will guide you through it step by step exactly.

There is tons available for about $80-90

http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=IS300+ballast&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Digger08

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.