Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a similiar thread but my problem aren't mentioned on there: http://my.is/forums/f115/door-lock-problem-239258/

2004 IS300 Auto

When I get out of the car if I hit lock on my remote all doors lock accept the driver side. So I'll have to use a key to manually lock it. If I unlock on the remote all doors unlock accept the driver side door and I'll have to use the key to manually unlock it. If I get into the car and put it in Drive as the 04's all doors will lock but not the driver side. If I'm inside the car and hit the lock/unlock button all doors works accept the driver side. Please help, what do you think is the problem and what needed it be replaced? thank you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
the actuator might be broken? since your saying the driver's side door does not lock/unlock in any of the ways u described. Or a broken fuse or a loose wire behind the driver's door. check those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same issue. There are times when my key FOB locks all of the doors, and times when it locks all doors except for the driver side front. I can always lock it using the key. The internal door lock lever also doesn't lock the front door. However, there are times when the door locks just fine electronically.

Would this still be a broken fuse or loose wire?

·
Registered
905 Posts
hum... my bf is having the same problem with his '03 ... so is this actuator a dealer item only? whats it look like :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I read, you can get an actuator and replace it yourself. However, before I go and start up that road, I want to knock out all of my other options. And, it seems that detecting a broken fuse or loose wire is a lot easier than replacing the actuator.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can anyone shine some light on this situation, it seems to be a common
problem with IS300s. If I took this to the dealer they would probably
tell me right away that I have to replace the motor.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the same problem, I've learned to live with it because I like seeing the lexus mechanics stare at my door, try to unlock it, try the handle, and get confused. Lol, it gets me everytime.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I can pull the wiring diagram for the door lock and see wuts up. Im guessing all the auto door locks have their own ground. It may be the actuator or maybe bad connection. I doubt there is a fuse for every single door lock so it's not the fuse. Hit you up on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It's the actuator. This happened to my '03 about 2 years ago. Dealer fixed it at a fair price in about an hour.

·
Registered
825 Posts
you know , ive been having the same issue , sometimes my drivers side door wont lock when i press lock on my remote and sometimes it will , possibly it may be a loose wire:suspiciou

1 - 18 of 18 Posts