Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while driving to work I noticed that my driver door's speaker would come in and out of signal at random times. It wasn't due to hitting a bump or anything in the road bc it would just happen.

I don't know if I had jarred some wiring loose to the speaker of if the speaker itself is going out. One time the speaker was also only playing low notes and the words to a song couldnt be understood from a song, but most of the time the speaker would just stop playing.

In any case if I have to look at the speaker or wires behind it, I will be changing the speakers in my front doors finally.

Guess I need to start shopping around. :confused:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It could be your tweeter going bad or it could be your amplifier. I highly dought any wiring could of come loose, unless you have messed with something prior to this. Try balancing your sound from the left and right and see what happens. Also try fading it to the front and rear for experimentation sake. If worst comes to worst you could replace the tweeter or amplifier with another one. I am sure people are selling theirs all the time.

Or you can use this opportunity to overhaul your audio system. Thats really fun, can be time consuming, but really fun. The mobiletronics section has stickies for all the info you would need. There are many routes you can take.

If you have any specific questions, you can ask me, and I will help you out.

Heres some links that will help you out.
http://my.is/forums/f103/speakers-fit-thread-407654/

http://my.is/forums/f103/useful-audio-posts-all-links-working-now-128656/

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can do a good bit of electronic work and have installed systems before so I know how time consuming and frustrating it can get at times lol. Guess when I get a few days off I will pull some wires and replace my door speakers and tweeters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.