Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 is300
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members.
after searching google and the forums a bit i could not find a solution to this particular problem.

Driver door wont open from inside or outside after actuator replacement,
by accident i closed the door before checking and testing to see if all was working.(rookie mistake)
the only thing i checked to see was the actuator and tested it fine

but luckly i did not install the door panel.

so trying to pull on the rods inside the door did nothing. the clips to the rods are not broken.
the new actuator works.

so if any of you have any experience with replacing actuators and trouble shooting these mechanism
please help me
ive read numerous threads on actuators and seen all the youtube vids but not one has the same issue ive had
the door simply would not budge or open even if pull on the cables or rods. and newly installed actuator works 100%

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the same exact thing when I first got my IS300. Unfortunately, you're in a tough situation. With all my research and experience the only way to fix this is to cut the door striker off from the B Pillar. You will have to take off the trim piece for it. After that you will see two nuts welded into the B pillar. You will have to get a Sawzall and carefully cut the nuts off. Once they're cut off you will be open to the door but you will see the striker still latched into the actuator. Just cut the hoop of the striker and unbolt the actuator from the door. Then install a new or used door actuator assembly and a striker. You will have to put two nuts where you cut the old ones off and you can weld them in or I just held the nuts in with a wrench and tightened the striker screws. Before you close the door test the actuator with a screwdriver to make sure it works. On the bright side if it locks permanently again you can unbolt the striker if you didn't weld it on but you will have to cut the striker off the actuator again.

·
Registered
2004 is300
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the same exact thing when I first got my IS300. Unfortunately, you're in a tough situation. With all my research and experience the only way to fix this is to cut the door striker off from the B Pillar. You will have to take off the trim piece for it. After that you will see two nuts welded into the B pillar. You will have to get a Sawzall and carefully cut the nuts off. Once they're cut off you will be open to the door but you will see the striker still latched into the actuator. Just cut the hoop of the striker and unbolt the actuator from the door. Then install a new or used door actuator assembly and a striker. You will have to put two nuts where you cut the old ones off and you can weld them in or I just held the nuts in with a wrench and tightened the striker screws. Before you close the door test the actuator with a screwdriver to make sure it works. On the bright side if it locks permanently again you can unbolt the striker if you didn't weld it on but you will have to cut the striker off the actuator again.
thank you for this !
Just waiting on a used assembly then doing exactly what you said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the same exact thing when I first got my IS300. Unfortunately, you're in a tough situation. With all my research and experience the only way to fix this is to cut the door striker off from the B Pillar. You will have to take off the trim piece for it. After that you will see two nuts welded into the B pillar. You will have to get a Sawzall and carefully cut the nuts off. Once they're cut off you will be open transfers Caen to the door but you will see the striker still latched into the actuator. Just cut the hoop of the striker and unbolt the actuator from the door. Then install a new or used door actuator assembly and a striker. You will have to put two nuts where you cut the old ones off and you can weld them in or I just held the nuts in with a wrench and tightened the striker screws. Before you close the door test the actuator with a screwdriver to make sure it works. On the bright side if it locks permanently again you can unbolt the striker if you didn't weld it on but you will have to cut the striker off the actuator again.
Thank you very much
h

1 - 4 of 4 Posts