Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DBW has been a constant nusiance since owning this car. I was experimenting at stop light and learned the following to share with this community.

In neutral, when I quickly jab the throttle pedal to floor it and then release the pedal as quickly as I can, the rpm gauge only goes up to 2000 rpms.

I repeated this 5-6 times being as quick as I can with my feet and 2000 rpms is as high as it got. And I do have the Throttle dampening spring bypass along with a tightened throttle cable.

Reactions: CEB

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Umm yeah.

Reactions: Denis

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
It seems that the extremely heavy dual mass flywheel plays its part as well.

I have read here that people with single mass lightened flywheels like the fidanza and unorthodox are very happy with the improved throttle response (and much cheaper than OEM clutch replacement)

A sport mode button with improved throttle response would have been nice....among many other things actually.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
sorry i read it wrong i thought he was just jabbing the throttle i didnt read that he floored it, but this does help the jabbing... yeah the IS is just slow

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Yeah, it does help the jabbing, just when you stab the throttle in say an e36 M3, you see a huge difference.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts