Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some drill slotted rotors... is it ok to use regular brake pads like from the dealer or kragen on these rotors? I tried to search for it with no luck...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sure. Kragen pads tend to be of lesser quality in my experience. They also tend to wear quickly. Beware that their liftime warranty just means that the pad will be free of mnfg defects for the life of the pad, not that they will last a lifetime of the car. I have heard more than one person in there trying to get free pads claiming they purchased a pad with a lifetime guarentee.

I would just get OEM pads from irontoad.com. They have them fro $90 for the front and rear set. Pretty cheap.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
yes, it does work. but i would not suggest it. the slots will wear them much quicker. id pair ur set of new rotors with axxis metalmasters, they are said to be less sqeaky, unlike the Axxis Ultimates I have on, which squeek a lot.

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiroshima said:
Sure. Kragen pads tend to be of lesser quality in my experience. They also tend to wear quickly. Beware that their liftime warranty just means that the pad will be free of mnfg defects for the life of the pad, not that they will last a lifetime of the car. I have heard more than one person in there trying to get free pads claiming they purchased a pad with a lifetime guarentee.

I would just get OEM pads from irontoad.com. They have them fro $90 for the front and rear set. Pretty cheap.
Cool I'll check irontoad.com because I called the dealer and the front is 79+ and the rear is 64+. so 90 is a lot cheaper...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
onyxaltezza said:
yes, it does work. but i would not suggest it. the slots will wear them much quicker. id pair ur set of new rotors with axxis metalmasters, they are said to be less sqeaky, unlike the Axxis Ultimates I have on, which squeek a lot.

-Aaron
Man someone is offering me the Axxis Ultimates with 1k miles on it for 50. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
no. u can get brand new for $i think under 100. u dont know how they broke them in or if they did it properly. also, dont get ultimates, theyre not all that great.

-Aaron

·
Registered
565 Posts
i put brand new oem pads( f & r) on mine at the same time the rotors were installed.... no sqeaking at all.. not sure how long they will last however.. had em on for 5k -6k already still goin strong .. good luck bro

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a lot of people have been telling me to go with the stock pads from the factory so I think I will be doing that...

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
um... if you're not going with full peformance pads, please dont go kragen. OEM is much much better than the best that kragen/pepgirls has to offer.

if you want a good value performance pad, you might want to look into porterfield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts