Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want that JDM look guys but damn, drilling holes in your fender. Once you fock up then your done with. :pissed:

-Ringo

·
Registered
946 Posts
Personally I wouldn't do any drilling or cutting on any part of the car exterior. You only get one chance at it, and if you screw up, it's hard to fix.

·
Registered
946 Posts
superchargedIS200 said:
There not sidemarkers, they are direction indicators......

could you not order the is200/Altezza fender(JDM/EURO) which has the holes already in
That would seem to be a bunch of expense just to end up with a couple of little lights.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
superchargedIS200 said:

could you not order the is200/Altezza fender(JDM/EURO) which has the holes already in
That would seem to be a bunch of expense just to end up with a couple of little lights.

But if your really wanting the look bad, you would go and do it. :wink:

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
If youre going to Install those make sure you shave the bumper sidemarkers so it dosent look out of place or some shit like that (cant find the word)

·
Registered
142 Posts
just take your time and do it right, one shot deal otherwise you will have to pay to have them filled, sanded and repainted. They really do look nice, go for it, it is only a car!!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We can let a good professional body shop drill holes in our fenders, if we don't have good manual dexerity. It won't be pricey for a body shop drilling holes in fenders.

-Ringo

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
I wouldn't

most people go through this JDM phase then get over it, you will be stuck! Chances of LOVING It for the life of the car is slim.

David

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
is300soon said:
I wouldn't

most people go through this JDM phase then get over it, you will be stuck! Chances of LOVING It for the life of the car is slim.

David
exactly what he said...i did this on an older car...liked it, but i don't want to do it now since it'll be costly to fixed/change.....

but there are alot of people that have drilled the hole for the altezza indicator...

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
i have some .... & i'm putting them in.....

I am NOT a FULL OJN JDM all the way kinda dude either....

I just like them there on other cars & want them on mine too.

Plus, I just painted the stock Side markers MSM to blend in with the rest of the front, now that i am running the L sportline rr w NO rr side markers at all... it looks MUCH better now with solid MSM front markers... matches the rear nicely!
this now gives me a good reason to go with the fender mounted markers.... I could give a shit if they were JDM or DTM.... :roll:

measure 2x... cut 1x
:D

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
superchargedIS200 said:

I don't know what country you're from, but here in the United States, they are called sidemarkers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts