Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys went to my first drift event Friday with the is. Loved it car performed good and felt really good for a car only on coil overs and Megan strut towers. I’m looking to upgrade my suspension and make it a straight drift build. What suspension parts should I look at getting. At the moment I’m looking at most of Megan racing parts control arms, toe arms and trac arms.... but still not sure want to see what others are running on their relatively stock is as in stock power... also looking at getting ezknuckles v3 get that extra angle haha

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Hey guys went to my first drift event Friday with the is. Loved it car performed good and felt really good for a car only on coil overs and Megan strut towers. I’m looking to upgrade my suspension and make it a straight drift build. What suspension parts should I look at getting. At the moment I’m looking at most of Megan racing parts control arms, toe arms and trac arms.... but still not sure want to see what others are running on their relatively stock is as in stock power... also looking at getting ezknuckles v3 get that extra angle haha
You will want some really big sway-bars. That will help keep it flat. As for other stuff. Do you plan to only use the car on the track? Or do you plan to be a weekend warrior?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will want some really big sway-bars. That will help keep it flat. As for other stuff. Do you plan to only use the car on the track? Or do you plan to be a weekend warrior?
Definitely gunna be a weekend warrior but ima gather parts slowly til I get my next car most likely some beater and or a sc300 (beater) just for work and back and start the build on this is cause I know it has a lot of potential

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Definitely gunna be a weekend warrior but ima gather parts slowly til I get my next car most likely some beater and or a sc300 (beater) just for work and back and start the build on this is cause I know it has a lot of potential
In that case. I would do poly bushings in the suspension. Not periodicals. Wear and are noisy for every day use. Put more gear in it and a much stronger tranny.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You still drifting? Where's the pics at?

I have drifted with stock power numerous times, unfortunately not in a while. I'd just run coilovers in at least a 12/10k rate, steering arms, and a LSD...preferably a welded or spooled diff. And a race seat to keep you in place, I don't have one but it makes a huge difference when you don't have to hold your body from smashing into the door or center console.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts