Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any? Besides the opinion of the sound....but like the 02 sensors and things.

Is there any problems that i need to know before my purchase?

thanks guys

·
Registered
618 Posts
The problem is that you will spend more on gas, besides it because of the race pipe itself, you will always find excuses to drive off your car :lol:

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B2001AS said:
The problem is that you will spend more on gas, besides it because of the race pipe itself, you will always find excuses to drive off your car :lol:
ok so the pipe cause worse gas mileage... and what the heel else were you talking about!

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive been talking to a few people about my purchase....some people say you dont need them some people say you do!

i need the truth! :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
You don't need a 02 Sim to run the header. The only thing that it does is trick the Ecu making it beleive everything is ok. I've had my Header since spring and don't have a 02 Sim and everything is fine except the trac light blinking every few seconds and a CEL. If you had a 02 Sim the Trac and CEL would go away instantly.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Justin

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the xerd header will trigger the cel ......why doesnt xerd provide us with a o2 sims like the toyo??

i think that is kinda shitty!

·
Registered
404 Posts
We all got promised 02 Sims from Eyal (Owner) from phone calls when he could be reached, emailed a few people and posted some. That we would receive our 02 Sims very soon.

Shitty aspect of it He's a Damn LIAR . Do I think we will ever see our 02 Sims? Hellllllllllll Nooooooo

P.s. He can't find the time to get the owners of his Header a 02 Sim but Can work on building a Turbo for our car.... Can't wait till that comes out :eek: NOT!!!!

To answer your question Yes you will get a CEL and a blinking TRAC light.

Justin

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the o2 sims are needed for the catalyst o2 sensors which have been removed. the o2 sensors are in the correct place as far as the header design. IMO they are needed

B2001AS, were you at the meet, i saw your tag i think ....

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IS300GTE said:
the o2 sims are needed for the catalyst o2 sensors which have been removed. the o2 sensors are in the correct place as far as the header design. IMO they are needed

B2001AS, were you at the meet, i saw your tag i think ....
since when do you go to meets?

so you think there is no chance in hell that i will get an 02 sims out of this eyal if i call or something.....

i think im going to call and ask the dealer that im going through if he would call and get them to send me an 02 sims!

i will let you guys know how that goes!

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
o2 simulator is an module that connects with your o2 sensors and makes them think there are cats there!

if you donmt have it with the xerd header you will get CELs!

·
Registered
287 Posts
aaah! thanks willy. We gotta find a place that sells it. I really want to get the header and race pipe to finish off my bolt on's. Do you know where to get it?

·
Registered
618 Posts
IS300GTE said:

B2001AS, were you at the meet, i saw your tag i think ....[/quot
Yeah, I was at the meet!!!

didn't know you were there!!

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ISBROKER said:
aaah! thanks willy. We gotta find a place that sells it. I really want to get the header and race pipe to finish off my bolt on's. Do you know where to get it?
well im going to find out where iu can get one today......hopefully eyal will gain enough since and send us all one for free....before he loses the is300 community!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Lex7 said:
You don't need a 02 Sim to run the header. The only thing that it does is trick the Ecu making it beleive everything is ok. I've had my Header since spring and don't have a 02 Sim and everything is fine except the trac light blinking every few seconds and a CEL. If you had a 02 Sim the Trac and CEL would go away instantly.

Justin
hey bro, you should NOT have a blinking trac every few seconds, sounds like there is another problem. The header with the stock o2's should only trigger a CEL light.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Shiznit said:
Lex7 said:

Justin
hey bro, you should NOT have a blinking trac every few seconds, sounds like there is another problem. The header with the stock o2's should only trigger a CEL light.
Weird I've asked around and seen where other people have the problem with the Trac blinking and said it was ok. So your not having that problem with your Xerd stuff?

Justin

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Interesting.........Ii too get NO blinking at all on the TRAC lite, but i do have the omnipresent CEL... :pissed:

Good fuking luck dealing with XERD directly... they promised & promised & even posted that the o2 sims were IN & getting sent out to all buyers immediately........ to date NO ONE ever recieved them.

Eyal is a liar.

.....& they are needed... to run without CEL.....

I hope your "dealer " can get the o2 sims from XERD..... & if so please post up & let us know.

Eyal has just been ignoring us all since he had his ass hung out to dry here for fucked up Customer service with OUR business & the many pissed off .netters who bought & waited thru MONTHS of bullshit excuses for Race pipes & Headers.... then the rash of reports on how he totally screwed over some other cat from the DSM side of the game... ( or was it a S2000..?) he sold us the first run of parts, we all bought them, & he left us all hi & dry....

I truly pity the fool who expects & PAYS him to deliver a quality & COMPLETE Turbo setup for this car...........AS IF anyone on this board who understands the situation with how he plainly fucked us over & continues to ignore his responsibility to provide that part he said was INCLUDED in the price of the header would EVEN CONSIDER going with XERD again.... :roll: :bitching: :shame:

Finally....if you are committed to this header....look on the board here, do a search for a post by " Danielm" he posted the source for the O2 sims he found & installed on his car & eliminated the CEL FINALLY!

& screw XERD.... the header & race pipe are nice items, but they WORK LIKE SHIT TOGETHER !! & create NAST y ricey as resonances thet totally make the car sound like shit.. .if you have a race pipe & are happy with it, & then bought the header hoping for more power & a even MORE badass exhaust tone FORGET IT ... it WILL sound like shit.....period.

I run the stuff I bought but cannot promote them at all anymore... too many fuking LIES & broken promises... actually my race pipe is hanging from the wall i nthe garage...i just couldn't STAND the fucking shit sound that it & the header together helped produce ...

go with Toyomoto!!! Lance is the man & he takes care of his customers Plus his shit is cheaper & comes WITH th eO2 sim..... for less Money!

or even....hold off & go with PLP when they get their header done.. .i'm sure it will be as good as the XERD header & prolly will be COMPLETE too....OR mike WONT include the cost of the O2 sim in the price of the fuking thing like Eyal did & then never deliver them.....lying all the while about them being " on the way" :x

PHukin' scammer....

....If [email protected] plp knows one thing it is how to take care of business responsibly & properly. who knows when that header will be ready tho..... & it could be pricey PL Pstuff aint cheep .. .but hell it cant be that much more than the fairly pricey ass XERD incomplete header :roll:

edG

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
^^^damn dude i hope you feel better :lol:

this is kind of sad but the truth: i have learned to just expect HORRIBLE customer service with this hobby. very raely have i had good customer service, and the way i did it was spending GOBS of money at the place.

I personally am more concerned with the quality of the product at this molment, i try and get things which i don't need to worry about customer service. (or make it s0o cheap i don't care :wink: [not really]) Xerd headers have been dyno proven, i woudl just tell people to buy the product and then tell them to pay the extra 50-80$ for the o2 sims so up the price, perhaps even the dealers should make their own package deals with the o2 sensors

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.