Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me any feed back with the downside of boostin a car without the aid of an intercooler?....

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mah bad, maybe i should've been a little more clear... i kno i won't gain as much hp, but what i REALLY wanted to know is if boostin a car w/o a fmic will hurt the engine/car...

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
G0ddang said:
mah bad, maybe i should've been a little more clear... i kno i won't gain as much hp, but what i REALLY wanted to know is if boostin a car w/o a fmic will hurt the engine/car...
Depends upon how much boost you want to run. There are a few members running SC's and TC's with no FMIC and NO problems.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i plan on boostin 7psi w/ srt's stg. I.. seeing that i don't have much $$, i can't afford to have my stock tranny break down on me...so i plan on gettin stg. I for now(since i can't wait and buy it all at once), save up for an r154 or v160, get that, save up once more then upgrade to a stg. II or whateva.... so i just want to make sure boostin w/o a fmic will hurt my car in anyway.. i don't really care about how much hp i'm puttin out for the moment, i just wanna be able to say, "yeah i got turbo" :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
one thing that i learned from past experience, if u don't take care of the pipings for fmic, and u still plan on upgrading ur f/i, u will still need to take care of that sooner or later...... :wink:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had the same question and a friend showed me the difference in temps on the intercooler. Feel one side of the intercooler piping and then feel the other side. After running for a while one side is almost too hot to touch while the other is cool. We all know cooler denser air equals more power. Not to mention all the "hot air" can't be good for the engine. I would think this to be especially true in warmer humid environments like where I live. One more thing, without the FMIC how would anyone know you were boosted? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
AC556k said:
One more thing, without the FMIC how would anyone know you were boosted? :crazy:
vrooom.....psssSSHHHH..... :wink:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Swift Racing Technologies said:
We have a handful of stage1 running aroung with no problems at all. At the low boost levels of 6-7 PSI the temperatures are within acceptable limits.
do you know what 0.25mile times they run, what power they put down in automatic form...and after the upgrade to stage 2(fmic)...what other upgrades are suggested to put down 350hp with a automatic

plus the tranny mods you would suggest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts