Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Hmm...It looks to me like the $299 is for the C-West style replica front bumper, not the hood...

But damn...I do like that hood!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
yeah $299 is for the replica Cwest front..not the carbon fiber hood...

Phillzpeed said:
Hmm...It looks to me like the $299 is for the C-West style replica front bumper, not the hood...

But damn...I do like that hood!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the the VIS CF double vented hood and it fits great, especially for the price. I got it for $587 shipped. It comes with washer nozzles and everything.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have the same hood it fits well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I currently do not have hood pins, but I am planning on it. I have heard too many horror stories about the hood flying up and hitting the windshield. I like to drive at least 80mph on the freeway so hoodpins are a must :) The hood retains the factory latch and it latches very well, but you never know.

I will have pics up hopefully by this weekend. I am getting my car back from the shop today. I just go the full Area51 Kit installed. :eek:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
i have them though im still really dubious if they are necessary on this hood at least.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had the hood for over a month without the hoodpins Sentinel and it hasn't done anything weird. But nothing can keep the latch down if it rips off of the hood so hoodpins are good. Maybe the vents help the air flow through so it doesn't get caught under the hood? :lol:

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
the VIS hood is merely a fiberglass hood with a CF overlay. not all CF as you may think. Thats why i used hood pins, cause the FG cast "might" crack under high driving speeds and weakend and eventually break. Althought the vents seem to relieve any tension under to hood.

Still it looks good and fits great! $500-$700 is a great east coast price as they have to courier that hood over from cali to avoid damage. ($300+ in shipping)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing