Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom told me she read it. I don't have the source but she was telling me how they finally figured out that the economy is going down because of higher gas prices. So it will probably happen but some other tax will go up.

Finally those $65 fills will be gone.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
If only that were anywhere near the truth her in the states.
Please, you guys in the states are complaining about your current gas prices when we have been paying way more than you for a long time.

1 Gallon = 3.75 Liters

Right now you pay on avg what $3.10/g, we pay on avg $1.05/L and have been for a long time.

$1.05 * 3.75 = $3.94 per gallon.

Seriously, next time I'm watching CNN and someone complains about gas prices I'll puke.

Funny how our dollar value has gone up against the USD, the currency oil is bought with, yet our gas prices have gone up instead of down.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah really, Americans complain about shit but have no idea how we have it. Maybe they just need to learn to calculate gallons into liters before they open their mouths.

·
Registered
922 Posts
And I was just saying how that would be maybe a better idea here to stimulate the economy rather than some other things. It would be nice to drive some other place to go shopping but not when it cost $50+ to fill up.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I just put $70 worth of gas and still didnt get a full tank.

sighh

·
Registered
941 Posts
Last nights refill was $72 here, and thats with the fuel light being off, i still had some gas left in the tank.

I heard the opposite actually, that gas prices will go up this summer, like around 1.30-1.40ish , i guess we'll find out in time though.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Well its 3.56 a gallon for 91 here so it's not that different.
And I was just saying how that would be maybe a better idea here to stimulate the economy rather than some other things. It would be nice to drive some other place to go shopping but not when it cost $50+ to fill up.
Thats the price here and thats what I just paid to fill up the other day. I am now moving closer to my work ;)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Last nights refill was $72 here, and thats with the fuel light being off, i still had some gas left in the tank.

I heard the opposite actually, that gas prices will go up this summer, like around 1.30-1.40ish , i guess we'll find out in time though.
That's what I heard too. I was told we should expect $1.50 per liter in the not too distance future. Fuck... :pissed:

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
this conversion is killing me! lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
you know.... i was exicted to read the first post... but now my heart has been broken.....

wtf to $1.50/L .... robbery.... goddamn crooked government...

ppl interested in learning more about the crooked government go check out a video called "endgame" on google videos....

warning with the video... its going to piss you off...
:/

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
You know what tho? The treehuggers want gas prices to go higher and higher and higher. According to them this is the only way to get people out of their cars and save the environment. :blush:

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Anyone who lives in the GTA knows how inefficient and what a pain in the ASS it would be not to drive. We have the wrost traffic in north america to deal with and the gas prices are too high! However, Our public transportation system is fuct! If there was an easy way to take public transport i might do it once in a while, esp with the bad winter weather. These environmentalists should be more realistic and practical. Don't they realize ppl dont have a choice to drive, and that increasing the price will only make the oil companies richer and people like us poorer. We don't have a choice not to drive! I really think the Americans should stop complaining about gas prices. Canadians have it much worse.

Reactions: CrownINC

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay before you guys freak out about 1.50/L, think of it this way. WHO THE HELL WILL AFFORD THAT?.. Nobody, therefore the economy will take a shit, people won't buy clothes and "wants" because they have to fill up gas. So this idea does make sense, i'm just waiting till its implemented.

You know what tho? The treehuggers want gas prices to go higher and higher and higher. According to them this is the only way to get people out of their cars and save the environment. :blush:
Those people can die in a forest fire for all i care. "Lets save the environment but make everyone poor!"

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Those people can die in a forest fire for all i care. "Lets save the environment but make everyone poor!"
Hahaha I like the way you think :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Just because we arent as high as you guys are doesnt mean we cant complain. We are both paying way too much for gas with no real legit reason. The fact down here for me is it took 25 years to go from $1 up to $2 a gallon than less than 1 year to go up to $3 and at it's highest here it almost made $4.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
How about actually being in the province where a shit load of oil comes from. Gas prices suck, but you know what, people will continue to pay it cause its still not enough of a change to stop a large portion of people from changing their transportation methods. Also if gas prices go up, so does everything else. As well as your wages to reflect the higher cost of living.

Reactions: Crester
1 - 20 of 99 Posts