Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience replacing the door "check" resistor. You know the hinge that keeps the door proped open in stages. I feel it would be nice to have a crisply opening drivers door. The part seems to be pricey @ 112 on myLparts. I wonder if theres anyway around that?

·
3,093 Posts
Does anyone have experience replacing the door "check" resistor. You know the hinge that keeps the door proped open in stages. I feel it would be nice to have a crisply opening drivers door. The part seems to be pricey @ 112 on myLparts. I wonder if theres anyway around that?
That pretty much how you do it. Replacing the part. You could look around a bit for better prices. Are you sure it is bad? It does not resist at all?

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's called a door check strap. Mine don't resist at all. But that price from Lexus is a total ripoff and I have not found a chicom replacement or a matching part number from a corolla or whatever. You can find the OEM version on ebay for around $100. Total ripoff IMHO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After trying unsuccessfully to cross reference this part, 68620-53010, with door checks from a Corolla or other similar vintage Toyota, I've taken the $20 gamble and ordered one of these kits off ebay. Coming from Russia...... Expected delivery date is mid May (!) I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just to follow up on this, I received the repair kit for the Door Check straps TODAY from Russia. Ordered via eBay on March 24, 2020, and received today. Only about 4 months shipping time! And the instructions, if that is what they actually are, are in Russian! I emailed them today asking if they had instructions in English.... I'll let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts