Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a huge ding on my front passenger door. pretty pissed about it, but i knew it was bound to happen at some point.

I've been looking around and it roughly costs about $100 per ding done professionally.

I'm wondering if i can just fix the ding myself. I searched ebay and a couple of sites and i found some tools for around $50. What do you think is worth a try, or just a waste of time and money?

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
i tried to do it my self on a car, it didn't work... and then the guy said i screwed it up n a way that it couldn't be fixed... so much for that idea.. i'd just bite the bullet and pay the 100 :cry:

i have a few myself.. i have a ding above my tailight on the passanger side.. like an inch up a few inches from the back end.. how does that happen, i can't even get it fixed i dont think, without pulling the panel off :pissed:

·
2,360 Posts
I just got my first one on Wednesday after nearly 8 months of dinglessness. :bitching:

I agree with those who said just pay the $100 and be done with it.

"When in doubt, call a professional"

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, i managed to remain dingless for over 2 years. I guess i'll find out how much it'll cost me locally first. If it really is around $100 I'll prolly just get it done and hope it doesn't happen again. If only people were more careful... :pissed:

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
i couldn't go a month without a ding... actually within a montha nd a half i had some one sit on my hood so there was a huge ass print that was indented in my hood, i was pissed, it stillhasn't come all the way out, and i don't want to buy a new hood.

i got keyed after 6 months, that was awsome.. :bitching: :pissed:

·
11,054 Posts
Two words: Dent Wizard.

You'll pay....but you'll be happy. I was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts