Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo on this glorious day I was on my way back from UC Irvine and was stopped by a highway patrol. (He said I was going to slow in the carpool lane... i was going 70)

Anyways he told me to pop my hood and he saw my intake and headers FML!

So the ticket is for Modified Emissions and Loud Exhaust...

I have to go to the State Referee and show how I corrected my exhaust.

Does anyone know if they will run a smog test or is it all visual?
I want to just switch out my headers and leave my HKS Dragger and Megan Ypipe on.

Anybody have any experience with this? Idk what to do

·
Registered
12 Posts
who makes the parts? go onto the manufacturers website and check to see if the parts are carb exempt.(if so print out the carb cert) if not...well i hope you got oem laying in your garage. and if not then, maybe a buddy will let you swap out for a day or two. i know those parts are pretty easy to change out.

and smog or visual depends on which ref you get. they do visual first, and if they don't see a cat they smog you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking about just switching my headers out and taking it there and if they say no then going to court.

As many times as I've been pulled over in San Diego they never said anything about my exhaust or how loud it was

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.