Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some caliper paint at hot import night last night. I dont trust myself to paint them, do you think any body shop could paint them for me. How much do you think i shoudl end up paying just for some people to paint the calipers. Oh and at the show last night I saw that lots of the cars had the lexus "L" or IS300 on the calipers. How could i go about doing somethign cool like that. Thanks alot

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
they'll screw you on this, since it is a fairly simple proceedure. Prepare to empty your wallet or do it yourself.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you are commended for knowing your limitations, its amazing how many people are blinded by the feeling of doing it themselves, and actually think it looks good when they are done with it.

·
11,061 Posts
I think I'll have to do mine soon too. They're starting to rust. And you can bet I'M NOT GONNA DO IT.
Please let us know what it cost to have it done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have patient and a place to keep the car away from the weather for a couple of days it should not be a science after all. I painted mines "Carnival Red" Rust-O-Leum exterior oil based paints. I've been complimented by the finish many times. Plus it only cost me $9.00 for a 24oz can. I paint them four months ago and the paint is holding the heat and dust preety well. My two cents.

·
Registered
503 Posts
How much are you prepared to spend? I just did mine in blue with Lexus on front and emblem on rear. LOOKS HOT! took the whole day tough using 2 jacks. Also, repainted the discs silver, since Lexus couldn't get it right th first time!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I've talked to 2 body shops and havent gotten an actual reply yet on price or anything. But ylwIS300 did you paint the lexus logo thingy on yourself or did you use a stencil of some sort.
Oh and i have a graphite so blue wouldnt look taht well, but i think red with white lexus logos on them would look badass.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The Lexus Logo and Lexus name are decals. I got them from Ted. Don't know if he is still doing it though. Do a search in the Marketplace or Inside and Out to find them. He can et them in any color. I paintd my brakes Blue w/ Silvr decals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts