Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning!!! DO NOT GO TO California Glass Tinting Co in San Jose California to get your windows tinted! I went there today and they damaged one or the rear speakers in my car and refuse to do anything about it.

They removed the rear deck cover and speakers to tint the rear window. At some point it looks like something either hit or got sat on one of the rear speakers partially crushing one side of it. Something didnt sound right when I was playing a CD on the way home from the shop so I headed back so they could fix it. I thought maybe it was plugged in backwards or something fell inside the speaker. I now think that the guy who took the car apart knew he did something. We asked him to remove the speaker so we could inspect them, he took his sweet time removing the drivers side one, the one that was damaged, but zipped right through the other one. Needless to say, words were spoken and they tried to blame it on me. I've only had the car a couple months and I've never taken anything apart, yet. I told them not to touch my fu*king car, I didnt want them screwing anything else up. I'm going to do it myself.

I filed a complaint with the credit card company that I used to pay for the tint job. So they most likely wont get paid. And BTW a new rear speaker runs about $239.

-Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
i got my tints there. other than that tigassbitties of a daughther he has, he's not too careful with his work.

the impression that i get from the guy is that he can be a nice guy when he wants to, but most of the time he ain't.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wondering? What color do you think would you suggest for my Charcoal/graphite IS with full black leather? I just assume to get smoke black tint but if you guys have any other suggestions please let me know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hate to have other people's hands on my car unless I have to. My beliefs were substantiated once I traded in a 98 Accord EX for the IS300. The day after I bought it a window tinter contracted by the dealership came to my house to do the job. When he left, I found two scratches on the fuel filler door.

When I went to the dealer for the gold package, found yet other scratches near the large center logo on the trunk. (they also installed the 2001 front grille instead of 2002). These will be fixed by Lexus, but a PAIN nonetheless.

Spoiler

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My feelings exactly. If I knew how to tint as well as the pros, I would do it myself, Everything else I do on my own. I do engine and suspension work, audio and video and alarms. At least if I screw smething I have no one to blame but myself. And that doesnt happen too often.

I'd like your guys opinion on something else. Should I spend the $239 on a stock speaker or shell out a little more on better rear 6x9's and an amp? If I enclose the sprakers with a baffle, like the XTC ones from Crutchfield, I may be able to get some better bass from the rear. Any thoughts?

-Mike

Originally posted by Spoiler:
I hate to have other people's hands on my car unless I have to. My beliefs were substantiated once I traded in a 98 Accord EX for the IS300. The day after I bought it a window tinter contracted by the dealership came to my house to do the job. When he left, I found two scratches on the fuel filler door.

When I went to the dealer for the gold package, found yet other scratches near the large center logo on the trunk. (they also installed the 2001 front grille instead of 2002). These will be fixed by Lexus, but a PAIN nonetheless.

Spoiler

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ouch. I took my S4 to California Auto Tint and Alarm in San Leandro and somehow my rear speakers shorted (probably from the water). The owner was real cool and said he would pay to fix it. Luckily after it dried out everything was fine.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Silva:
Nope, its on Monterey Highway in San Jose.

-Mike

i got mine done there, no problems!

·
Registered
40 Posts
ehhh jus pointin out another crappy shop:
Pro Tint in San Gabriel... i got my tinted there took FIVE hours i was sittin/sleepin there the whole time.. tehre were bubbles on the bottom of the back windows, overcharged (165+ 85 for windshield). after tintin my sound system didn't work and they say they shorted a circuit or something and took about 10 min to fix.. my front driver side window didnt' go down after 2 days and actually took the rubber thing down with it making me HELLA PISSED. they fixed it but it but i still hold a huge grudge against them.. especially since i went there (even though it was 25 more bucks) because they were nicer than the people recommended by D2Technik..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Spoiler,
Thanks for the suggestion, my friend also said something about getting some Metallic tint, which would look real classy for my car.

Sucks, I just forgot to ask for free tint when I was dealing for my car.

JR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts