Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New to the forums and very new to owning an is300.

So information about the car: I recently was given a 2003 is300 and I love the car but there have been somethings that Ive needed to either replace or fix due to the previous owners poor maintenance. which have been a little frustrating but I got the car for free so beggars cant be choosers.

Just the other day I was working on the car horns (sound very muffled and cant figure out why but not why I am here) when I noticed some blue painters tape wrapped around some wiring. I got under the car and investigated, finding two plugs wrapped in this tape and held up by a zip tie under the car. I couldnt seem to find where they plugged in but (if youre looking at the front of the car) they are located on the drivers side of the car in the front. I probably wouldnt have even noticed them if I hadnt dropped one of the horns by accident but Im glad I did because this isnt the first plug Ive found that wasnt plugged in properly or at all (when I first got the car found that one of the radiator fans had been left unplugged for who knows how long before I got it). One of the plugs is bigger and has this cap thing on it? I just dont know what to do, I havent tried plugging them into anything because I just cant figure out where they would go and everything on the car seems to be running fine with out them plugged in. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hello! New to the forums and very new to owning an is300.

So information about the car: I recently was given a 2003 is300 and I love the car but there have been somethings that Ive needed to either replace or fix due to the previous owners poor maintenance. which have been a little frustrating but I got the car for free so beggars cant be choosers.

Just the other day I was working on the car horns (sound very muffled and cant figure out why but not why I am here) when I noticed some blue painters tape wrapped around some wiring. I got under the car and investigated, finding two plugs wrapped in this tape and held up by a zip tie under the car. I couldnt seem to find where they plugged in but (if youre looking at the front of the car) they are located on the drivers side of the car in the front. I probably wouldnt have even noticed them if I hadnt dropped one of the horns by accident but Im glad I did because this isnt the first plug Ive found that wasnt plugged in properly or at all (when I first got the car found that one of the radiator fans had been left unplugged for who knows how long before I got it). One of the plugs is bigger and has this cap thing on it? I just dont know what to do, I havent tried plugging them into anything because I just cant figure out where they would go and everything on the car seems to be running fine with out them plugged in. Thoughts?
Look in the factory service manual online. It has a location chart and diagrams.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts