Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways I just wanted to let in some shady business Herb Chamber Cars of Boston does. For those of you who lives in the Boston area or in the northeastern part of Massachusetts are probably familiar with Herb Chamber.

I've personally have seen and dealt with the things they do with these used cars to get them to a "sellable" condition. When I say sellable condition I mean just visually, and for those automotive impaired they are getting themselves in a huge mess. I work in a shop in Boston and Herb Chambers has a parking garage where they park some of used vehicle that needs some minor and major repairs until it gets repaired then off to the resale lot. Often from time to time there are these bunch of guys who would come into the garage with their vans to paint the cars that needs painting. And where do they paint? Outside in the open atmosphere with all the dust, sand and dirt. I seen this one car that had a bent rear control arm. What did they do? Torch the living shit out of and hammered it back.

So guys beware...

·
Banned
101 Posts
Thanks man...I'll be sure to remember that.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Wow that sucks

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll snap some pictures next time.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They rent out a garage in our backlot. The garage holds about 10-15 cars. The paint and work is usually done outside in the back parking lot. Sometimes they get alignment done at my place after they are done "tweaking" the suspension parts.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Sounds like every used car lot/salesman to me.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
My brother bought a new car there, and going thru that experience I knew they were shady. Thanks for letting us know Eminence.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]Sounds like every used car lot/salesman to me.[/QUOTE]

Yea it definitely does, but this is a multi-billion dollar company. They don't only sell used cars but they are actually a new car dealer; BMW, HONDA, LEXUS, TOYOTA and many more. So basically the whole theory of the dealership doing everything right and to the highest quality has just been proven wrong.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Many dealers have these "bumper guys" come in and touch up bumpers of used cars before they sell them.. This is not uncommon practice for dealerships. Having the guy come in and touch up some chips makes the car look much better than a bunch of knicks in the back bumper from parallel parking. It's not the right way to repair it, but I know for a fact this is not an uncommon way of dealersips to make such repairs.

As for the 'tweaking' of suspension parts that seems kind of shady.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BossMan said:
Many dealers have these "bumper guys" come in and touch up bumpers of used cars before they sell them.. This is not uncommon practice for dealerships. Having the guy come in and touch up some chips makes the car look much better than a bunch of knicks in the back bumper from parallel parking. It's not the right way to repair it, but I know for a fact this is not an uncommon way of dealersips to make such repairs.

As for the 'tweaking' of suspension parts that seems kind of shady.

Uncommon or not I just think it's shady business, period. Having people come out in the open to repair and shoot paint out in the open atmosphere isn't the way to make profit.

For those who don't understand a whole deal of automotive refinishing, doesn't care how the end result was come upon and don't care what this cheap job could result in in the future then this could be considered okay with them. But as for me I painting out in the open with all the dust, dirt, water filled compressors just doesnt cut it for me, it comes nowhere near a decent job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts