Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say thank you for some of your past info, If i remember correct u are pretty young, Where do you get alot of your information?? Also i saw the pics of your car when it was broken, is it still broken if not can you post some old pics with the damage and some new pics with it looking new??

David

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ALSO CAN YOU SHOW A STEP BY STEP ON THE BLUE FELT???? Just a little Curious

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
You are welcome.
Sorry i took so long to reply, I have been in class all day. I get a lot of my info from reading, and some of it comes from this forum, a lot of question and answer thread were posted back before the car came out. a lot of it is by trial and error. Yes, I'm pretty young, I'm only 18. My baby just went in for surgery this morning, anywhere from a week to a month and she'll be good as new. I will post pics when I get her back. The pics of the damage are in the thread I posted, but heres a link to my photopoint album; http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1287184&a=10943560

the blue felt wasnt hard to do. in my removing lint trap thread, i tell you how to take the plastic lid with the velour (?) off. the part where you see the cloth on an IS is basically a lid, it covers the screw holes, its a flat plastic piece with a piece of black cloth glued on.
1. to remove it stick a flat piece of metal (i used a thin metal butterkife) at the front of the lid (the part closest to you at the edge of the lint trap) and pry up. it should come off easily. there are two tabs at the front and two at the back, once you get the front two off the whole thing lifts right out.
2. you can either cover over the existing black fabric or take it off. i took the existing cloth off, it was fairly easy, the glue wasn't as strong as one would think. now you will have a naked black piece of plastic with green glue residue left. you can use goo gone or something to remove it or just cover over it. i bought a piece of blue cloth (felt) after browsing a fabric well (fabric store) and feeling every piece of blue cloth until i found one that was close to the stock. they were selling em in 9x12 pieces 3 for a dollar. you only need 3/5 of that so you can dress your GI JOEs after.
3. just try to follow the shape of the plastic lid, nothing hard, don't cut too deep or it will look bad. streched taught over the lid and you can either use fabric glue, double sided tape or (this is what works best as it is thin and strong) double sided carpet tape. just use common sense and cut around the tabs and a little tape here and there should do nicely.
4. enjoy your clean low cost mod. (since i couldnt have my dash fiberglassed yet, this was a nice first step) not major but im into details.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dude, have any idea where is a GREAT place to buy a car?? I see people getting them for like 31.5 + fees thats what i need. If you dont mind me asking what happend to the car??

David

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
you know, i paid full price for mine cause i bought one of the first ones out. that and im new at car buying and not so skilled at bitching. i heard some ppl use the email method and others go to all the dealers in the area, give them an envelope along with the color, options and extras they want. they then tell the dealer that they are also giving (so and so) dealer the same package, so write your best offer down and put it in the envelope, then tell them you'll come back at the end of the week and whoever has the best price will get your money. that way they know they are going to have to compete for prices and will likely give their best deal. other ppl are willing to sit at the dealer for hours on end and accept gray hairs. some will do the math, price the car at invoice (take the invoice price for the car, add invoice price for options, then add what you think is a reasonable profit that the dealer should make, and then bring it to them, tell them straight out this is how much i will give you. its your money. the car has been out long enough, every who really wanted one, has one. there is a newer and better one coming out in a few months. this is the slow car buying season. keep that in mind. and about my car, im totally disgusted myself. it would have been so easy to avoid it. i am so so retarded.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey if u are on aol im my name is millsilveris300

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
im usually on MSN but occasionally i use AIM (not a lot tho) but if im on AIM i use CorleonesIS3 among other names i signed up for but rarely use...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts