Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it, I got suckered in. For those of you without a significant other i am talking about the whining and groaning of my girlfriend begging me to take my car for the day. Not only did it snow here all day, she pulled it into my garage and crashed it. The cold bumper cracked and also cracked the fog light. ( she then proceeds to not tell me for a day) but thats beside the point. I need help. I am gonna have to replace the bumper and the fog light. I said to myself all the more excuses to buy and aftermarket one!!!! But i didn't really see anyone i liked and that fit me really. If anyone as any ideas on where to look or where i can get a replace ment bumper etc.......... I would really appreciate it. And Remember guys Be strong, look what happened to me, don't let them badger you!!!!!!!!

·
11,062 Posts
HMMM...I could comment on the sexist attitude you have exhibited, but perhaps not. I am outnumbered. I would, however, amend that to "don't let ANYONE ELSE drive it". I let my Dad have a spin...with me along. That's IT.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with SeattleSheila, my wife drives near perfectly and drives the IS from time to time. I actually enjoy seeing her drive it, gives me a chance to see the car in motion from outside of it! *Nobody* else drives my car. They can ride with me, but thats it.

With a cracked/bumper and fog light, if you didn't lease, I'd definitely go aftermarket.

------------------
'01 Spectra Mica Blue IS300 #293
Ivory Leather, LSD, Moonroof, 17s
'01 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4x4 Quadra-Drive, 4.7L V8

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have to say that it wasn't ment to sexist at all. I am far from a sexist man but if that is how it came out to be i apoligize and didn't mean to hurt anyone. Ok now that that is out of the way, I wanna get an aftermarket but I have no clue on what to get and where to look!!!!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
ist attitude? How about the attitudse of the GF who smacks the car and then doesn't even tell the guy WTF?????? Ditch her, if she can't tell ya she dented your car there is more she isn't telling you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
woah woah woah..... Before this gets blown out of proportion, I have been with her for 5 years it is not like that. She was scared to tell me about the car because it is my baby!!! I yelled at her for that only not for crashing it. She means more to me then the car does. But i think she learned her lesson. I hope!!!!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
My friend let his gf drive his new Prelude and she managed to flip it over on the freeway. It was totaled. But here's the kicker... She was the only car involved. His insurance company sent him a letter saying that she is no longer allowed behind the wheel of any of his cars .. ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
IS JOE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing