Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last summer I started my IS 300 2jzgte build and while researching engine management options found Dezod’s V2 plug and play AEM standalone. I emailed Chris from Dezod and he was very helpful. When I was ready I emailed Chris again and paid in full for my AEM V2. At that time I asked Chris what the ETA for receiving the item was and was told 5-6 working days.

It took 2 months to get the system, the “PnP was mis wired and the start up calibration was complete garbage.
Chris refuses to take responsibility for anything letting promised ship date after ship date pass with no email or explanation until I contacted him. Every time I communicated with Chris was more and more confusing with him blaming weather, going to SEMA, and other drug adict type excuses for not shipping. 6 weeks in I let him know I wanted a refund if he couldn’t get my system shipped by the end of that week, he responded by sending out a fake Fedex shipping notice. I realized the shipping notice was fake after the package never moved and reversed my payment letting him know that when he was able to fill my order I would like to get the system I ordered.

I wanted to let the community know about my experiences since he seems to make quite a few things for the IS300 and is the wildly unprofessional. From the strange excuses about cleaning his mothers house to his employee smoking too much weed to ship the standalone this is definitely not someone you want to do business with. In my case for the standalone he was the only one making it and I saw that many people had good experiences with the system, so I kept trying to get my system dispite his adict type excuses and communication. My standalone is up and working great after a fair amount of repinnig the harness but I’m not sure what I paid for. The harness was direct from Boomslang and the AEM box has two resistors removed other than that it’s the way it came from AEM.

I’m not sure what happened to this company and Chris but highly advise staying away if you can.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This is highly accurate! I purchased the pnp aem kit for the Is300 last year from him. Same thing, quick to take the money and tell me it was on its way. Months went by and nothing. I emailed him countless times for updates. So many excuses! One thing after another after another. Why he wasn't able to send it? ONce it seemed as if it was all sorted out it was stuck with the shipping company for over a month. I even contact the shipping company and they had nothing no idea. But the excuses kept coming. I asked for a refund many times. Luckily it did finally show up bc I thought I had been ripped off. When i opened the box up it was torn up and thrown in there. I was very concerned that it may not even work at all. The base map is garbage would not start the vehicle and the instruction for setting up vvti is also garbage. The excuses he had were unreal to the point I would not want to even talk to him. I asked if there was somebody else at the business to speak with but there was not. I will never deal with him again.

·
Registered
754 Posts
there is a recent thread here where he took a couple of peoples money for headers and never delivered.

i tried to work with him on improving his green headers as they clog up too quickly for my liking and he wasn't having any of it.

avoid!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sorry to hear that others had the same issues I did, I was starting to think this was a east coast not liking west coast people deal. I know some companies rely heavily on their reputation and let customer service take a back seat as they become more popular. This seems like a drug addict running what is left of a once great company, if anyone is still looking to buy the PnP AEM set up, contact Boomslang directly for the harness and remove the resistor your self. This AEM set up is being used by a bunch of Supra guys and other 2JZGTE people so i'm sure the info is out there on what needs to be done to the AEM Box.

I don't write reviews like this lightly, the experience I had with Chris was almost comical, I ask a question and he responds with some random bull shit without answering the question asked. When I do pin him down on something he get angry and blames someone else or includes a sob story about some poorly thought out lie. The main Component of the PnP AEM Standalone from Dezod was that there be technical support once the item arrives, I had to beg Chris to even send the base Cal which was usless anyway. I am glad that the forum is aware of the way Dezod is doing business and urge anyone thinking of buying anything from this guy to reconsider. My hope is that the forum will discontinue Dezods vendor status as there is no reason to allow a business like this to sell things to the community that are clearly not the level of quality we expect.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn, bought some headers from them 2 years ago and had some problems too, but it got taken care of. Looks like FIGS is the only decent vendor that's left.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This last summer I started my IS 300 2jzgte build and while researching engine management options found Dezod’s V2 plug and play AEM standalone. I emailed Chris from Dezod and he was very helpful. When I was ready I emailed Chris again and paid in full for my AEM V2. At that time I asked Chris what the ETA for receiving the item was and was told 5-6 working days.

It took 2 months to get the system, the “PnP was mis wired and the start up calibration was complete garbage.
Chris refuses to take responsibility for anything letting promised ship date after ship date pass with no email or explanation until I contacted him. Every time I communicated with Chris was more and more confusing with him blaming weather, going to SEMA, and other drug adict type excuses for not shipping. 6 weeks in I let him know I wanted a refund if he couldn’t get my system shipped by the end of that week, he responded by sending out a fake Fedex shipping notice. I realized the shipping notice was fake after the package never moved and reversed my payment letting him know that when he was able to fill my order I would like to get the system I ordered.

I wanted to let the community know about my experiences since he seems to make quite a few things for the IS300 and is the wildly unprofessional. From the strange excuses about cleaning his mothers house to his employee smoking too much weed to ship the standalone this is definitely not someone you want to do business with. In my case for the standalone he was the only one making it and I saw that many people had good experiences with the system, so I kept trying to get my system dispite his adict type excuses and communication. My standalone is up and working great after a fair amount of repinnig the harness but I’m not sure what I paid for. The harness was direct from Boomslang and the AEM box has two resistors removed other than that it’s the way it came from AEM.

I’m not sure what happened to this company and Chris but highly advise staying away if you can.
Wow...... im not the only 1 then!!! Ive had the exact same experience, from the cant do enough to help at the start, quick to take the money and fire emails back and forth, sell me the dream then deliver a nightmare!!!!!
Over 3 months i waited, heard every excuse in book, difference is mine was overseas. He got very aggressive over emails, wouldnt answer the phone when i made international calls, spoke to me like a piece of shit when he did finally reply via email, said he had sent emails i had not recieved, the excuses was comical even recieved pictures of a dental note from him!
Now im worried as my project is on going, ive not fired it up yet or even loaded the base cal. I even had to nag him for that and the vvti instructions. The guy was an absolute nightmare and when i demanded a refund he said this was not possible........ so send me the fucking goods ive ordered then!! Again like you my harness is from boomslang, the ecu arrived with like a black dust all over it like it had been stored somewhere or even fitted to something for some time! Just didnt seem like an new unit that had been opened up and boxedback up again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I held back on saying anything as i dont normally do this but now i know its not a 1 off and me being the only 1 then i will share.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here. Tried to cancel an order via email and he didn't response. After a week I called him then what he basically told me was to never call him again. Order is cancelled the day after I called him but never get refund on my order. Its been a month since order is cancelled.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Same here. Tried to cancel an order via email and he didn't response. After a week I called him then what he basically told me was to never call him again. Order is cancelled the day after I called him but never get refund on my order. Its been a month since order is cancelled.
Call your bank or creditor that you used to make the purchase and dispute the charge with them. My bank gives me 45 days from initial purchase to dispute a charge. I started the process of filing a fradulant charge after weeks of excuses from this guy. I sent Chris an email and screen shot of my dispute with my bank. He immediately responded back & sent the header out the next day. Hopefully, you get your money back or the header. Good luck.

On a positive note, I passed smog legally with the green header at 15k miles of usage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moral of the story is to always buy stuff like this and car parts in general on a Credit card. I had the charge reversed 5 weeks after paying and emailed Chris a week or two later saying I would send the money once he sent the stand alone. He was not happy with this as it was not inline with his scam and opened up the opportunity for me to do the same thing to him. Someone will fill this void eventually and start offering at least the engine management portion of things, Supra store seems to have a far amount of parts for these builds as well as Driftmotion another great vendor.

For me it was a good learning experience, I knew something was wrong but ignored it with the hope that patience would pay off. When a person you are doing business with especially if you have paid them already gets angry or starts to make up excuse after excuse, it time to jump ship. A responsible business will be very worried about missed dead lines and unhappy customers and will contact you to explain the delay without much effort on your part. A questionable business will let you contact them and get more and more angry as you ask for the item you paid for as if they are doing you a favor. Another red flag is excuses that don't take any responsibility for the issue or reference irrelevant topics and don't seem apologetic, ( I will send it when I send it and we are having some bad weather be patient) these are people who don't see your part of the transaction ( Paying for the product or service) as an import part of business.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Moral of the story is to always buy stuff like this and car parts in general on a Credit card. I had the charge reversed 5 weeks after paying and emailed Chris a week or two later saying I would send the money once he sent the stand alone. He was not happy with this as it was not inline with his scam and opened up the opportunity for me to do the same thing to him. Someone will fill this void eventually and start offering at least the engine management portion of things, Supra store seems to have a far amount of parts for these builds as well as Driftmotion another great vendor.

For me it was a good learning experience, I knew something was wrong but ignored it with the hope that patience would pay off. When a person you are doing business with especially if you have paid them already gets angry or starts to make up excuse after excuse, it time to jump ship. A responsible business will be very worried about missed dead lines and unhappy customers and will contact you to explain the delay without much effort on your part. A questionable business will let you contact them and get more and more angry as you ask for the item you paid for as if they are doing you a favor. Another red flag is excuses that don't take any responsibility for the issue or reference irrelevant topics and don't seem apologetic, ( I will send it when I send it and we are having some bad weather be patient) these are people who don't see your part of the transaction ( Paying for the product or service) as an import part of business.
Your experience is identical to mine the most disgusting customer service i have ever recieved! When i had some parts of real street performance the difference in making the order, them handling the order, speaking to them, updating me and speed of response was absolute worlds apart, puts dezod to shame. Customer service is everything to a big company, this cowboy dont give a damn. Had to laugh at him trying to be intimidating! Wasteman!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Panic Wire has a plug and play setup for our cars that works flawlessly and the customer service is excellent. It's a Link ECU Altezza P/P that they do a patch harness for, it's top notch. Shoot them an email if anybody is in the market for a stand alone that does it all, including can bus.

·
Registered
253 Posts
...the most disgusting customer service i have ever recieved!
Me too. He was downright insulting and snide; calling me stupid and incompetent - then hanging up on me. I had called to ask him a couple questions about the installation particulars of their plug and play AEM V2 kit for IS300...

I've never experienced anything like it.

When i had some parts of real street performance the difference in making the order, them handling the order, speaking to them, updating me and speed of response was absolute worlds apart, puts dezod to shame. Customer service is everything to a big company, this cowboy dont give a damn. Had to laugh at him trying to be intimidating! Wasteman!
Real Street is amazing. They are super knowledgeable, super friendly, super helpful, super polite and super everything. Class act. Makes you happy to give them your hard earned dollars. Couldn't be ANY more opposite of Dezod.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts