Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
well, duh...the domestics are notorious for breaking down, not functioning and doing what its supposed to, so when something does work right its seen as a major improvement...
thats why a twenty dollar bill is worth more to the homeless guy than to the millionaire.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haven't seen the latest MT awards, but doesn't MT issue Car of the Year awards to DOMESTIC vehicles, and Import Car of the Year to foreign nameplates?

Who knows, maybe the IS will win ICOY. Remember, the GS4 did it in '98.

But I totally agree with you on expectations. It is much harder for the Japanese company to build a revolutionary car these days. But Americans can design a "pretty good" car, and critics will party in the streets for months. You hit it on the head, that Americans can satisfy public opnion by doing a "good" job, when foreign makers have much higher standards.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The MotorTrend Car of the Year now covers both imports and domestics. I think in order for cars to be considered, they need to newly introduced or at least significantly redesigned to be considered. That's why you'll never see the same car be the MTCoY two years in a row.

·
Registered
571 Posts
it's expected when an american car company makes a POS car...that's the norm.

so, you guys are right, when they do come out with a car that can almost last as long as a toyota or Honda, it is revolutionary!!!

in any case, lexus might with Import car of the year award with the IS. Know of any import car companies that came out with a impressive new model this year? At thousands less that a BMW, and with performance somewhat similar, the IS could win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts