Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you turn ON the dome lights. I noticed last night when i got into my car that I couldnt see shit and i was messing with buttons trying to find the dome light switch. And I couldnt find one. Is it the round knob with the light bulb on it. If so, what do i do to the thing to get emto turn on. I turn the knob every which way and nothing. Could my bulbs be out?..I fear this will classify me as uber newbage. And all i found in the search was blue led domes.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
that round knob controls your instrument brightness. for the life of me, i can't find out how to make it so the front domes turn on when a door's open.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
[shock&awe] Am I dreaming this...? [/shock&awe]

The dome light switch is on the dome light itself.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o yea..i forgot my moms gs has that. fack..how could i be so stupid.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
is the question how to turn on the domes or how to have the front domes turn on when you open the door? maybe i misunderstood :oops:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well..either one..im still stupid for not seeing the middle dome.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
common sense man......try opening the owners manual....it's the one Lexus compiled for owner's reference in cases like this... :roll:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it takes alot less time to post on here and get a response then to actually read the owners manual. I hate reading manuals.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Astr0LuX said:
it takes alot less time to post on here and get a response then to actually read the owners manual. I hate reading manuals.
I doubt it. You are in the car and find a problem. Comapre the two times:

Open the glovebox, take out the big book, turn to the back for the index, then find the page with appropriate information and resolve your problem. 1 minute max

get out of car, walk to house, even if your computer is on adn you have broadband, click on your favorite link to IS300.net. Create a new thread that is unclear, and wait for a valid response. You posted at 5:53pm yesterday. You may have gotten your first clue at 6:03 from JW. 10 minutes. Hmm, couldn't have figured that out by reading the manual?

Now, I really don't care if people ask a questionthat is some people can quickly give an answer to, or if the question has been asked before 1000 times. But you already had access to your answer and saying it took less time and/or work by posting on .Net is silly.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Astr0LuX said:
short time to post

long time to get correct answer

if you get an answer at all

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well..laziness is a major factor..it is alot easier for me to go on my computer and open up IE which has .NET forums as my homepage..then to open my glove box which takes up alot of energy...especially lifting the manual out of there.

How can you possibly say its an all-time low..its not like I armor-alled my treads.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Maybe you could even get someone to come over and turn your light on for you, then drive you around too. :)

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
how bout a decent answer?

the front dome light has a button right on it.

the back dome light has a three position switch, on, off, on when door is open.

my front dome light happens to be busted :bitching:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts